Monday, February 9, 2009

Clinical Study Opportunity

A fellow blogger- Thank You TID- told me about a clinical study that I might be eligible to participate in. I've been on the phone with the coordinator today and I do qualify & received a consent form this afternoon. It involves taking C.lomid & using a patch instead of injectables for a 21 day cycle. The benefits- FREE & designed just for women with an.ovulatory cycles. The negative- requires 10 office visits & this is a really hard time of year to be out of work that much, it seems like my cycles are just now regulating- would it be a mistake... trying to think it through. I've asked PC's advice but he can't think past the part that says "must have intercourse for 3x's a week for the duration of the study"... his response: where do we sign up? Here's another part of the study- I could be selected for the control group & it's a gamble that I give up this time for nothing more than sugar pills & lots of blood work. We have to decide pretty quick since the study is taking place right now. Any thoughts?

3 bytes:

Heather said...

I think it sounds like a great opportunity. If you were cycling with the doctor you'd need about the same number of visits. Try to swing it with work if you can.

Chelle said...

Hmmm. My only reservation would be because of the posibility of being in the control group...Otherwise, I think it's a good opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm not sure what I would do if was me. I think that thought of all that time wasted in a placebo would be my incentive not to do it.