Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pity Party

Still trying to survive May here!  Keeping up with blog peeps the best I can mostly with my iphone but it is really hard to comment so I have some catch up to do!  A lot of posts lately are about baby #2... whether that baby is here or about to be, or whether that baby has just been discovered or TTC plans are in the works. 

I have to admit something.  I've had a bit of a pity party lately.  PC and I both agree -strongly- on closing the door of infertility treatments and the physical, emotional and financial toll that comes along with it.  But it just sucks to think that those cards were dealt to me and, if I had a normal reproductive system, who knows... we also might also be talking about baby #2.   

Then I am quickly brought to the reality of going through an IVF that produced very few follicles and only two good eggs, one of which became a dream come true.  And I'm annoyed that I had a pity party in the first place.  I am so happy.  I am so in love with our LB and we are having a blast.  I am also just being honest and having to go through a kind of "letting go" phase.  Guess what?  Yep... infertility still sucks!!!  


6 bytes:

Sarah said...

Yup..still sucks for sure!!! I am so on the fence about what to do..when to try..do we try? Do we not? It's exhausting :(

Marianne said...

God it sucks!!! Yes!

Anonymous said...

I hate that a medical condition gets to decide for us what our families will look like. It's very upsetting. I hate that it has dealt cards to you, cards that yes, you need to appreciate, but cards that keep you out of playing the next round. Sucks!

Fiona said...

I am really sorry that you are feeling this way :( I actually thought of you the other day, thinking exactly what you said, how many people are now either TTC#2 or pregnant with #2.. or already have #2 here. Eventhough you and your husband have agreed that is the best choice for your family, I can still imagine it hurts. I hate IF so much for reasons like this!! :(

Jos said...

IF totally sucks for this reason. It's one thing to only want 1 child - it's another to have that determined for you b/c of financial/emotional/physical reasons beyond your control. :(

A said...

Couldn't agree more- have several posts in my brain about this very topic. Big hugs-