Monday, May 12, 2008

Next Steps

Dr. S went over my last test results today. I do not have PCOS, but I seem to always have a thick endometrial lining no matter what day of my cycle it is. Dr. S wants to find out if there's anything to that (she mentioned cancer- no stress there!) and, if not, it looks like IVF is around the corner for us! Another ultrasound today confirmed that the cyst ruptured and a follicle size 2.9 is on the right side and the technician said I had 2 eggs. Dr. S was concerned that was a low count. I also had blood drawn (of course) to check hormone levels. OK- so I thought I had read and researched just about everything in the whole baby making process and I'm still confused. Why is there a follicle there at this point in the cycle (day 28)? Is that the same as a corpus luteum (sp?)? How does she "see" eggs? So, I commented "does everything from the u/s confirm that I'm definitely not pregnant?" To which she answered "no." Complicated is an understatement. So, that's where I'm at/where I'm headed in the next few weeks & now I'm ready to post about things that are not so complicated!

0 bytes: