Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just a thought or two about IF couples

PC and I often observed through RE visits that IF couples seem to have commonalities beyond the fact that we're all struggling to start a family. Through the blog experience, I believe this is even more true. Many IF couples [seem to] be committed to their work. In the RE waiting room, many have their laptops or cell phones close by or seem to be making mental to-do lists. Readers. Not just in a waiting room-- bloggers frequently refer to things they have read or recommend different books. Pet lovers. The obvious may be that we've got a lot of love to share & these are our "fur babies"--- but I think many had these pets before the IF struggle & God knew we'd need these special friends along the way. I'm describing this post to PC and he says "and we're all good looking" he..he.. but I get what I think he's saying... clean cut. Like I asked PC once at the RE... does every guy in here have on khaki pants & a white shirt? Does more work= more stress= contributes to IF in some form? ...
(Quick experiment... I went to my RE website & this is the image that says "Infertility 101") This sounds like a research proposal, but it's just a random observation/thought. Anyway- I follow some amazing couples at home & through blogger who
will be
awesome parents!

P.S.
**Today is the 25th anniversary of Macintosh- and they keep getting cooler:]
**How does everyone do a strike-through on a word in a post... is it a shortcut on the keyboard or why can't I figure that out?

2 bytes:

battynurse said...

You're right about how many patients in IF clinics have a certain appearance to them. I don't know if it's the stress associated with a certain lifestyle or that only certain people can actually afford IF treatment. Mabye some of both. I asked someone recently how to do the little strike though thing and basically you have to edit the html. Seems like more work than it's worth.

Chelle said...

haha! You are right about the things we have in common. Especially PC's comment: We're all really good looking. YES WE ARE. lol!