Friday, January 28, 2011

Ready (Jan) Set (Feb) Go (March)

We're at least moving into the 'Ready' phase here. Today was AF-Day 1, IVF-phone consult, MRI and Acupuncture! My body seems to be on the procrastinate and cram schedule!

I called the IVF nurse to let her know this is cycle day 1. For IVF/blog purposes, I'll refer to her as Nurse LLD, which stands for Lunch Lady Doris... this is her in the cartoon version. Same voice, same no-nonsense, same get it done attitude who (you get the impression) probably turns around and rolls her eyes...or takes a smoke break... when people irritate her. PC and I instantly liked Nurse LLD! She told me we will start lupron on day 21, do a baseline u/s & one other procedure with the next menses to get this IVF going. This will put injections/stims around mid to the end of February and ER/ET around the first of March. But nothing about the IVF timeline is truly predictable, right?

The MRI-
Conversation between me & PC earlier today.

Me-"This is really one of the last tests I know of to check my infertility/hormonal issues."
PC- "If this shows something is wrong, will it mean a plan B?"
Me- "If I have an active pituitary tumor, I guess it could mean removing it. Brain surgery."
PC- "Is that covered by insurance?"
Me- "It should be."
PC- "Then that would probably be cheaper than IVF."
Me- "Is that the bright side?"

Why can't we just come home and ask "How was your day today, honey?" Sigh.

Acupuncture 'Before IVF' #2-
Dr. C said there had been a lot of TTC ladies in his office today. Yep. He said I was my "usual tensed up self" and I gave him a recap of my day. Yep.

My constant racing thoughts problem was kind of fun during acupuncture today. I made a mental image/list of "good to great" things to get me through the next few weeks. A top 10 of things that I love + some honorable mentions in good (1) to great (10) order.

1. Sweet Tea, it can even be decaffeinated, just sweet+tea
2. A good book, a good movie, or both!
3. Birding
4. Reading/Writing/Stalking Blogs
5. Petting and brushing the puppies (super cheap calming effect)
6. A Girls Night Out
7. Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, must work this in the schedule somewhere.
8. Thinking Dreaming about... spring & summer days ahead!
9. Thinking Dreaming about... two.pink.lines.
10. Dinner and Date Nights with sweet PC:]

This post has gotten too long for the honorable mentions but feel free to share some things on your good to great, get through IVF, list!

3 bytes:

Amy said...

You make me smile! Which is one of the reasons I gave you an award on my blog.
Thanks for you support!

great list of feel goods, I would just add hot baths and hulu. Yay for READY!

Bridget said...

Thank you for the comments on my blog- I appreciate it! I am following you now and wish you the best of luck with your upcoming IVF!!

Aub said...

Hi there! I found you through the ICLW new list of February blogs. I'm getting ready to do an IVF cycle, too and the waiting is the hardest part!! I'm going to get a little laser hair removal done to amuse myself while I suppress the whole month of February. Such a cruel joke, the shortest month of the year is always the longest! :/

Can't wait to follow your journey!

www.perfectlyplannedp.blogspot.com