Friday, July 22, 2011

Boppy & need decorating advice!

I'm still laughing about all the scary rocker horse comments.  To be fair, I should probably post a pic sometime of the entire rocker to back-up my earlier statement that it looks like "it belongs in a museum."  That picture shows his "belongs in an asylum" features, lol!   

#1- Boppy- If you are pregnant or when you do get pregnant, I want to say the Boppy Total Body Pillow (shown in the middle of the day bed) has been great!  My mom bought it for me and I was weary at first because it just looked big and bulky but let me say "move over PC."  (Awww, for 20 more weeks anyway!)  I have just started sleeping in our guest room on the day bed because of 2-3 nightly trips to the bathroom and all the tossing and turning, and PC is a light sleeper so it's for both of us!  Anyway, I put pillows behind me and then wrap around the Boppy and it's the best I can do for comfortable side sleeping.

 





 #2- Decorating advice- I know there are some decorator/designer blog buddies out there and I need your help!  We have these built-ins on each side of our fireplace and I can't think of anything to do with them.  I love the storage space below but the top is so boring.  How would it look if I covered them with some type of fabric?  What else can I do with the space?  Any and all advice appreciated!
    

6 bytes:

Jos said...

I totally need to break down and get a pregnancy pillow of some sort. Hm....

Oak said...

I saw that space and immediately thought..changing table! So just in case you're like us and want a changing table in the nursery and in the main part of your house, I suggest keeping that space in mind! Looks perfect.

foxy said...

Picture frames? and maybe some bigger plants? I love family pictures and have been thinking about where in our home we can display some frames. I have a whole shelf in my office dedicated to pictures, but no where in the main part of our home.

and I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one having a difficult time with sleep!

One Day said...

Oh man I LOVE my preggo pillow. Seriously- I day dream about it when I'm up at work all day. I can't wait to get home to put my feet up and wrap my sno.ogle around me. (And I have a desk job, so it's not like I'm "on my feet" all day or anything- I'm just that damn lazy...and I just love my sno.ogle that much).

I like the changing table comment- I'm sure we'll be changing diapers on any surface we happen to be around at some point. But I think that window right there has beautiful light and if you're a plant type of person, some sort of sprawling plant might look really nice and airy right there. I've got a long table in our entry way that was sort of awkward until I put this awesome plant on it and it just fits now and spruces up the room I think. But I'm no decorator...

Jen said...

It's hard to tell, do those windows go to outside? Or to another room in the house? I had niches like that in my last house (without the shutters). I put matching lamp with a colorful shad on either side. It added height, color and a nice glow on either side of the fireplace. I feel like that space needs some height. Another thought, aside from a plant, is a grouping of tall, colorful vases...maybe even with some fake flowers (which have come a long way). Or, maybe wall mounted sconces above the shutters to shine light down on the objects below. I also think, if losing light through that window is not a concern, you could get a drape that goes all the way from the ceiling to the counter. That would add texture and color. You could find some fun curtain holders (there has to be a more technical name) to casually tuck the drape behind when you wanted the light to pass, which would add a nice curve to the drape. Maybe just one on each side, so the drapes get pulled away from the fireplace. Oh, and one more thought for height, pedestal candle holders. You can easily add or change color with the candles that sit on top of them. It's usually pretty easy to find a set of three in different heights for a little variety. And there would still be room for lower picture frames in front.

All right, that's all I've got.

marilyn said...

oh wow..I am going to get a bobby pillow today..thanks! This side sleeping is killing me. I have always been a stomach sleeper..so this is hard. good idea with the pillows against the wall...that is a great idea..because I my husband keeps waking me up telling me I am on my back. So let's see...by the fireplace..pictures or a changing table= great ideas..what about soem sort of theme you really like_ like momentos of a vacation you and your husband took..sand..shells, and a picture of you and pc, or three candles..one big one in the middle and two smaller ones on the side.