Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Heavy Heart

I usually don't cross over onto my blog with discussion of work or world events but this one just resonates too close.  My school is similar to Sand.y Hoo.k Elementary in many ways.  I can't imagine what the community must be going through right now.  I do hope they are feeling the prayers being sent their way.  Tomorrow I will greet 630 students and put on a big smile, give out extra hugs or high fives, reassure anxious parents while praying that I can find strength to do so with such a heavy heart.  People are trying to make sense of a senseless act.  As I watch my own child discover the world around him, I am just sad about the decline of a strong value system and hope that PC and I can teach and set a good example for him.  We will also make sure he knows the end of the story.  Good ultimately prevails.  Light overrides the dark.  PC loves is obsessed with bright lights, specifically LED.  He's always looking out for the newest and brightest illumination gadgets.  I usually give him a hard time about it but today I am thinking about how much our world needs some light.  A L-ove E-mbracing D-ose of John 8:12... the brightest and most powerful there is!  

4 bytes:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't realized you are a teacher. Best of luck tomorrow. I will be thinking of you as you start your day with your students!

Anonymous said...

Well said. So very very sad. I am still at a loss for words. Best of luck with your students tomorrow. I know it will be a hard day for many to return to classes and try to wrap their heads around this heartbreaking event.

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

You are doing an amazing job. All we can do is hug them, and assure them that they are safe.

Sarah said...

Hi there... hopped over from The Lost Stork and wanted to say that it is a great reminder that ultimately, there is only one person that prevails. It's hard to see the light sometimes in the dark, but we need to remember it's there. Great post and I'm your newest follower. Happy Holiday to you and yours!