Sunday, October 5, 2008

infertile ramblings

I've been blog-browsing a little this weekend (much more fun than starting a paper) and I've come across at least 3 other ladies who were on Depo-provera for an extended time and our profiles are very similar. We all have trouble starting a period and then it comes with a vengeance and we have trouble getting it to stop and ovulation... what's that? I took DP several years ago to manage heavy/painful periods, but in trying to solve those problems I think it created some of the mess I'm in now. Infertility sucks. Some days more than others. I have no clue what day of a cycle this is. I am taking progesterone daily to get rid of an AF who stayed much longer than welcome and have a follow up with Dr. H. (ob/gyn) to check out levels after taking these meds. It just shouldn't be this hard. I have 4 wonderful, strong friends around me going through IF (and many more in blog land) and I want their success as much as I want it for myself. I truly celebrate when I read a blog success story and hope for technology or intervention that makes IF blogs a thing of the past!

1 bytes:

battynurse said...

I never did depo but have wondered if my taking bcps for years affected my fertility. I know it definitely changed my periods etc. Sort of sucks to think about all that and all the women who are starting bcps thinking that they are just fine to take.