Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nieces

PC & I kept his, our, nieces, K1 & K2, for the weekend so that b/sil could go on a get-away trip. For the most part, they took my mind far away from the IF struggles as I was focused on what they needed. But then there were a few moments...when you're looking at a child that could resemble your own & it brings a moment of sadness. It sure felt like stepping into a different world when you're used to a family of 2. More... dishes, laundry, mess... but also more laughs and special memories as they're not far from the teen years & spending time with us won't be on their "priority" list. I enjoy making them pose for pictures and doing crafty stuff with them. They adore PC & joking with him. My hope is in the near future they have a cousin(s) to enjoy!

1 bytes:

Heather said...

Glad you got to spend time with your nieces. We used to do this all the time before our daughter was born, so I know pretty much how you feel. Hang in there. Hopefully, things will turn around soon. What does your acupuncturist say these days?