Monday, June 13, 2011

Still Here!!!

Two weeks since my last post, yikes!  I have been wrapping up things at work to be off for a few weeks and we just got back from a three night beach trip.  We really didn't engage in too much baby talk during our drive except for making comments about where we would put its stuff!  

About two hours from home, I started having long, sharp cramps that went from the left side to the right.  I recognized them immediately as IBS "pain before poop" cramps (sorry TMI).  For about two hours, I had the cramps and then the lovely trips to the bathroom, which also included throwing up once... UGH!  That was never pleasant prior to pregnancy but it scared and worried me to the core!  I had to remind myself that women get stomach viruses and sickness during pregnancy and to trust my body to protect our little one.  I bought a fetal doppler off of eb.ay and it was in the mail when we returned from our trip, good timing.  We found the heartbeat (around 140 bpm) pretty quick and that helped ease my mind a little. 

Today we went in for a check-up and the ob/gyn (Dr. B6) didn't have us scheduled for an ultrasound but after the cramping episode, he offered and of course we said yes!  The baby was relaxing in there, hands above his/her head and little legs crossed.  Dr. B6 made a gender prediction but doesn't want to officially "call it" until the next ultrasound, three weeks away.  So, that's to be continued...

Dr. B6 did tell me "I know you don't want to hear this, but it is getting time to normalize this pregnancy.  I know you went through a lot to get to this point, but you have a normal baby in there and you need to realize it."  I simply said, "that's hard to do."  I really do want to embrace this pregnancy and look at baby nursery stuff and think about names... I'm just not there yet but I'm getting closer every day! 

10 bytes:

Bridget said...

so glad to see a post from you!! Glad your little one is growing strong :)

Cori said...

So good to hear from ya! Glad the little one is growing and doing well! Can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl... My guess is a boy:)

Anonymous said...

You will get there...but I hope it's sooner rather than later for you. From what I can see and imagine it all goes by so quickly. You deserve to enjoy each moment :)

Nink said...

Oooooh, I want to know the gender prediction! I got one, too, at my last appointment, but he won't say for sure until my next appointment. I'm really glad the cramping wasn't anything to worry about. I also worry with every cramp I feel, but we have to realize that our babies are tucked safely away. :) I just started looking at nursery ideas (once I got my prediction). Knowing the gender makes things more real. I'm so happy for you and glad to hear from you after a couple weeks of no blogging. :)

Carlia said...

i can't wait to hear what the gender is! it's got to be so hard to let go of your fears, but it sounds like everything is going really well. i hope you're able to relax and just enjoy the rest of this ride.

marilyn said...

I have been anticipated a post from you. That sounds awful about pbp. Ouch...I do not to get a doppler too. Ahhh, even though we got our BFP's, it still is so stressful. You are not alone in this anxiety. I hope you get to enjoy the pregnancy soon though. It is just a precious miracle you are pregnant..and you really do deserve to enjoy such a blessing:)
hugs

Baby Hopes said...

It's SO good to hear from you!!! I'm so sorry you've been so sick, but I'm also so very happy that all is looking well with your little one!!! Wishing you the best and sending prayers!!!

manymanymoons said...

I'm so happy to see a post from you. I have been wondering how you were doing.

"Normal pregnancy"...didn't you just want to laugh right in his face when he said that. I say the squeeky wheel gets the oil and you should never be afraid to speak up when you are worried and even ask for an ultrasound if you need to. I'm so glad everything was ok and it was a passing bug!

China Doll said...

Glad to hear from you and happy to hear all is fine. It's so easy to say that you now have a 'normal' pregnancy, but harder to feel it deep inside, isn't it?
Can't wait to hear about the gender, if you decide to share :)

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you back and doing well!