Sunday, October 9, 2011

Still here...

I really have not meant to abandon my blog or those who I follow!  I'm reading and commenting when I can and the rest of my time has been devoted to an ever growing to-do list.  My must-have-everything-in-order-before-baby mentality has been in overdrive the past several weeks.  I wouldn't call it nesting, there has not been a lot of cleaning going on.  Instead, things like getting job duty notes ready in hopes that someone will be substituting for me while I'm on leave, putting a life insurance policy in place (something I meant to do long before pregnancy), doing a consignment sale, making some coupon trips, planning baby shower thank you gifts, participating in a book study with church... yada, yada.  Busy, but I'm so missing my time right here! 

Tomorrow I go to the ob/gyn to see if baby boy is still breech.  It feels like he's in every direction in there so I can't tell.  This weekend is our first shower with PC's family.  It's a dinner/shower and I'm so happy they've planned it that way so that he is every much a part of it as I am.  The whole "women only" more formal-type showers seem kind've sad to me because you're missing your best friend/partner at a time that's really special to them too, but -alas- I've agreed to one of those too later this month.  (Hmmm... not sure if all men would like doing the whole shower thing, but still feel bad they're left out.)

I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to be fun but overwhelming at the same time.  Physically, I'm starting to give out.  My 5'2" frame is being pulled and stretched to the limits.  I don't see how the baby has any wiggle room in there but I'm glad he's finding it!  I am anemic in the 3rd trimester which has led to an iron supplement and changing my diet to add more oatmeal, greens, beans and (gross, I know) chicken livers.  I'm admitting that I'm wiped out or whimped out or a combination with 9 weeks left, uh oh!

Last thoughts for those still reading... you would think after 5 years of dreaming of baby we would have picked out a name, but we never let our hearts or minds go there.  Now, getting closer than ever to a dream come true and we still do not have a name.  For some reason, we keep leaning toward an "H" name and these are three "contenders"  Hudson or maybe Hutson for a little different pronunciation or Hampton.  We've always liked Jake and/or Beau but those are being placed more in the middle name contenders.  Any thoughts on our "H" names?  No one will hurt our feelings unless you just say 'those all stink' lol!  These are just the names that have stayed on the "list" from the beginning.  We're open to suggestions!


Hope to blog more in the coming weeks and can't wait to meet several little miracle babies who were part of the March/April IVFs that resulted in BFPs.  Forever thankful to be in that group and hopeful that those who are still waiting will get to soon say the same!!!

15 bytes:

Cori said...

Oooh I like Hudson;) I have also heard the name Holden. Glad you're doing well! You're getting so close!!!

Marianne said...

I like Hudson the best out of those also!

I also can't wait for all the march/april ivf babies to get here!!!!

Baby Hopes said...

Just have to say... for very personal reasons, I *love* the name Beau!!! It's very original and unique, but every person, including someone very close to me, that I've known to be named Beau or Bo (Beau is better in my opinion!) has been an amazing man. Always very loving but also very masculine. My vote is for Beau as a first name, but I also really love Hutson. Wishing you the best as you choose names!!!

China Doll said...

Glad to hear you're doing OK :) I like Hudson personally! xx

Jos said...

Why do they care this early if the baby is breech or not? Aren't they still flipping around in there? (I seriously have no idea and am asking!) I have no idea what my kiddo is doing - kicking & punching from pelvis to ribs is all I know!

We had a couples shower and then I have a girls only shower in a couple of weeks. I think both are nice. My husband was hesitant about being included in the 1st shower, but it ended up going well. I definitely liked having him a part of it all!

Names...names are hard. We are still totally stuck on a boys name. As far as yours, personally I'd strike out Hutson - the kid will spend his entire life saying "nope, T as in tom" ... which doesn't sound like a huge deal, but half the time people will spell it wrong ANYWAY (take it from a Josey who constantly is having to get forms corrected that say Josie - even after I spell it out, letter for letter). I like both Hudson and Hampton though!

manymanymoons said...

Listen, you have a baby growing in your belly. You take as much time away from the blog as you need! You are completely in the home stretch now...you must be dying. :) I am still so happy for you.

Bridget said...

I love Hudson, great name choice!! Glad to hear you are hanging in there and baby is doing great :)

One Day said...

Oh I think Hudson Jake sounds lovely. So does Hudson Beau but we're having trouble making sure they all sound good with our last name... we're obviously still struggling with names too. :)

Home stretch!!! Here we come!!!

marilyn said...

I like the name Hudson. Go with your gut. But Maybe when you meet him, you will know what to name him. I am glad to read a post from you....the diet does not sound too goo. Oatmeal and liver..ewww.. you poor thing!! I heard Dark Chocolate is good if you have anemia.

Julee said...

I can totally relate physically just giving out! I am also 5'2 and my body has just about had it! I have been anemic the whole pregnancy and just started my 3rd type of iron. This one seems to be helping, giving me a little more energy. I hope these last 2 months go by quickly for you and me! :)

Krista said...

I need boys names too...we are having TWO of them! What about Harrison? My hubby loves that name.

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

I was wondering the same thing as Josey about the breech...

I hope you have a great time at your showers :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I like Jake Hudson or Hudson Beau....xo Glad you are doing well :)

Carlia said...

sounds like it's going to be a super fun shower. we had a co-ed bridal shower, but it looks like my friends are planning a girls only baby shower for me. i'm excited, but i'd much rather include B.

i totally feel you on the growing to-do list! i hope you're able to get through it all with time to spare.

as for the names: those all stink! ha ha! totally kidding! actually, i'm siding with the masses here and saying that hudson is my favorite. it makes me think of rock hudson, who was such a hunk in his day. ;)

Deidre said...

I quite like Henry and Hank! And even Harry.

I've always felt bad for the guys too! Same with bridal showers - just seems weird.