Saturday, October 20, 2012

Getting in front of the lens

A co-worker/friend passed along this article to me recently.  She said it's so true and something she wish she had read years ago when her boys were little.  It's about the mom staying in the pictures.  If you haven't read it yet, it's worth your time.  It really struck a chord with me.  Here we are nearly 12 months into our little guy's year of firsts and I am in a handful of pictures, always feeling the need to be the one to get the picture or to have at least partial hair and makeup in tact.

So when I woke up to the sound of the camera for the picture below, I was fussing at PC.  "Gah... delete that... no makeup, hair is pulled back in a mess... " and he said "but y'all look so sweet together."  I'm glad he didn't listen.  Who cares?  This is how we spend at least half of the night and when our little guy finally starts sleeping through the night, or in a big boy bed, this picture will hold a treasured memory.


And this one.  We're introducing new foods and some don't agree so well with LB's tummy.  This is him with an upset tummy and I just want him to know that I am right there.  My arms wrapped around him, telling him I love him and that I'm so sorry his tummy hurts and I wish I could make it better.

If I hadn't handed the camera over for this, I would have missed the best kiss ever.


From here on out, I am getting in front of the lens and making my best effort to capture those moments that yell "mom is right here!"  And moments that tell a story of how much I love being LB's mom, even if it's not always picture perfect.  




7 bytes:

E and R said...

What sweet pictures that you both will treasure for years to come!

Jos said...

Oh my gosh - these are the greatest pictures!!! I LOOOOOOVE that first one - what a great moment to have captures. And the JOY in the last one. AWESOME!!

I wrote a post about this on PAIL a couple of weeks ago - lots of great pictures were posted. You should add your link!

http://pailbloggers.com/2012/10/10/news-item-the-mom-stays-in-the-picture/

Courtney said...

Great photos! The memories are so special, and as much as we think we'll remember everything - we just won't. Those photos are going to be worth much more later than they're worth today - and they're already priceless!

Fiona said...

I loved this article too as it was such a wake up call for me... I also did a post off of Josey's PAIL post.

LOVE all these photos of you two!!! Adorable and so special. The middle one stuck out to me and actually made me teary. I love that you are just 'there for him' when he isn't feeling well and he knows you are there. Just such a perfect Mommy / baby moment which usually wouldn't be caught on film.

Stephanie said...

Perfect. Beautiful. I still need to get my act together and get around to doing my own post.

Bridget said...

I loved that article and these pictures are beautiful, he will be happy to have them one day!

Baby Hopes said...

Oh my goodness! So gorgeous! And so inspiring to get in front of the camera as well! :) Beautiful mama, beautiful boy, and lots of evident love!