Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Santa Pic... who cried?

Ended up at the mall yesterday with LB and my mom and she asked me if she could pay for a Santa picture.  I had no idea how it would go.  LB did not cry.  He was totally amazed at Santa and stared him down, we couldn't even get him to look at the camera.  But my mother let the tears flow.  And Santa handed the baby over to me and hugged grandma, asked if it was her first, and told her everything was going to be okay.  It was a sight to behold!  (Wish I had gotten a pic of that!)   

Then they rode the mall train together and I could not tell who was happier. 

My mom had just turned 18 years old when I came along and she was single by 20.  We grew up together.   Our relationship has been less than ideal over the years, but I do love her.  She is on a mission to be the best grandma she can be and LB and I are both grateful for that.  I bite my tongue a lot (basically she allows him to do anything and everything) but there is no doubt that she loves her grandson.    

6 bytes:

Fiona said...

Aww this is so sweet. Wonderful that your mom is so determined to be such a great grandma to LB. LB certainly deserves it! :)

Melissa G said...

This is adorable! I love how Santa is holding him, and it's not just the boilerplate "On Santa's Knee" shot.

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I love how much you value your mother being in LB's life!

Good boy for not crying! He sure looks happy in that photo!

Stephanie said...

Aww, I love the story about who cried while visiting Santa. I'm calling it now...Chloe will be bawling in her picture this year. Just the phase she is in unfortunately. I'm glad to hear your mom has vowed to have such a presence in LB's life.

Baby Hopes said...

So precious. Wow. Has me sniffling a little! <3

Jos said...

LOL, that is so sweet of your Mom! Awesome that she's on a mission to be a great grandma. :)