Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Husband Vent #1

I love PC. I really do. Have I mentioned that PC also stands for Prince Charming? But can I please be entitled to pick one-- just one-- teeny little marriage thing that has been hard to adjust to? There really is a male obsession with the remote control! I found this out quickly after saying "I Do." It's not like I want to watch a soap opera or Hall.mark movie every night... just want to find a compromise so that what little down time we do have is not filled with the truth about ufo's, hauntings, Big.foot... I'm not interested. And... Who is the person making the decision to play L.ethal W.eapon every night of the week? History channel- it's okay in small doses. I will say that I have come to like the D.irty J.obs guy &--I'm really mad about how this one has grown on me-- I S.houldn't Be A.live- who can't stay glued to these shows to find out how they really survive!? SO last week, the volume button stopped working. This led to an urgent trip to buy an all-in-one. PC wanted a $70 remote control. That will buy like 1 vial of Foll.istim. I had to object. Uh-oh, so PC started reading over my shoulder and placed the "Great All in One" in my lap in a not-so-gentle way and mumbled/muttered something about going outside. And that is why I am about to find out who is still in the D.ancing with the S.tars competition:]

1 bytes:

battynurse said...

Men are so weird about the remote. My ex used to come in at 11pm and wake me (I had to be to work at 4am) to help him find the remote since he couldn't find it. I just about wanted to scream, just turn the thing off.
Hope there is a little more remote equality in the house now.