Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful for...

It seems appropriate to count my blessings on Thanksgiving Day. Those would include a wonderful husband, a loving family, caring friends, having a home, food, clothes- things I'm sure I take for granted, my health (except for the not ovulating!), a job & job security... and the list goes on.
AF showed on Sunday and I'm also thankful that it seems to be -dare I say it- normal. I went for acupuncture last week and told Dr. C about my 1 year to IVF plan. He said "that gives me time to get you in the best health possible for the procedure" but I wished he would have said "hopefully you won't need it by then." SO, I just finished watching a news clip about the the effect of stress on fertility. It talked about women who have high levels of stress have excess cortisol around the brain and could benefit from talk therapy (that doesn't sound cheap). The OB/GYN expert said that these women often have high expectations for themselves. Hmmm.... sounds familiar!
Too tired to blog much tonight... too much turkey! Think I might turn in early although I'm not planning on a big shopping day tomorrow- don't need to add to my stress level!
Happy Thanksgiving out there!

0 bytes: