Tuesday, July 17, 2012

PAIL- July- Family Building


~Thoughts on the July PAIL theme ~

We are done with the life and part-time job that is otherwise known as ART.  In my mind, that closes a door on additional children through the "good 'ol fashioned" way.  Could it happen?  Well, holding this baby makes me think anything is possible.  But do I want to actively try by charting BBT and using OPKs and studying EWCM?  Nope.  I no longer want to be consumed with the acronyms!  

Child-spacing?  Ha!  That was truly my first thought.  I remember when we first started TTC I wanted to plan the time of year the child was born to be more convenient with my work schedule.  Ha again!  It's sad that that's funny to me and funny that that's sad.  It happens for so many right on schedule... I am still amazed.  This topic brings so many TTC emotions to the surface and the bitterness- obviously it is still there- it's just not on the forefront as I am beyond grateful to have one.  Repeat- beyond grateful to have one.      

Our original plan was the white picket fence with 2.0 kids (girl & a boy no doubt) and a dog.  The reality has become a black wrought iron fence with 1.0 IVF miracle baby and 3 dogs.  Blessed.  But IF threw us a curve ball.  It meant we had discussions about having no children, about adoption and then we entered the world of ART.  It means I have a blog of 4 years worth of trials, tears and then ultimately (thank you God) TRIUMPH!  

A family of 3 we will be and we are all smiles about that, 
even though LB appears to be thinking it over lol.     


   




10 bytes:

Jos said...

:) I love how happy you are in this post!! YAY for LB!

Courtney said...

Black wrought iron fences are better that white picket fences - and that 1.0 IVF miracle baby is just PERFECT! I love how life doesn't always work out as we planned, but that in the end, it truly does work out perfectly for each of us!

Kuddos to you for knowing that you're done. It is very brave to say, "this is it." I look forward to the day when I can say that with the certainty that you do in this post.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

I don't know what ART stands for, but since Hubbs and I needed a couple rounds of IUI and Clomid to help us get preggos, I've walked the road of infertility as well.

And we're really of two minds on stopping or hoping for more. Right now, what we are thinking (while Baby L is a mere 5 months) is that we are done with fertility treatments. We'll pull the goalie when Baby L hits a year old, and then let God decide if we should be parents to one more. We'd really love to have a second one for Baby L to play with and share this journey of childhood with, but so many things are so much easier with just one child. *sigh*

It's hard, either way. Thank you for being so real with your experience and decision. :)

Baby Hopes said...

I love this! What a beautiful and uplifting post!

Fiona said...

Great attitude and great post overall! :) You have a perfect little family!!

SLES75 said...

Here from PAIL. Amazing post. Such a wonderful attitude and contentment with your choices in life. You are wonderfully blessed.

My favorite line though is "It's sad that that's funny to me and funny that that's sad." Seriously that is a perfect summation of IF and TTC/family building with spacing and timing and what not.

Congratulations on your beautiful family

Julie said...

Here from PAIL :)

I'm glad that having 1 child, when you'd always planned on 2, is something you've come to be (mostly) at peace with. Honestly, even if I end up having 4 kids like I originally wanted, I don't know if I'll ever feel "okay" about stopping because the desire to get pregnant is so deeply ingrained in my biology by now. I think it's just natural. <3

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

Hey there! Here from PAIL, but I have you on my Blogroll anyway :)

This was a fantastic post. It was also nice to almost see your faces!

Anonymous said...

I love not having to live in the world of acronyms as well :)

AL said...

3 dogs and an IVF miracle = 1 awesome family :) congrats! (here from PAIL)

And I so hear you on not living in the world of acronyms. I am so hesitant to jump back in.