Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thanks for the Mammaries!

Blog title- I digress.  PC said this recently and we totally cracked up.  Blame it on the lack of sleep. 

But it is time for the ladies to go part-time.  Or that's what I am wondering... can the ladies just take over the night shift or is it all or nothing? 

I am proud and thankful for our nearly seven month run.  Not quite long enough to make it on the cover of T.ime magazine, lol, but I am grateful.  I have always had to supplement but have given this baby every ounce of breastmilk possible through pumping and nursing.  It has been a part of bonding with my son but it's just been that, a part.  We enjoy bonding with the "boo" game at the changing table and playing on the blanket in the living room floor just as much!   

Several reasons, but mainly the supply is dwindling since introducing solids and I want to return to work without having to think about the pump, pump parts, storage, nursing bra/pads, etc.         

Side note:  To those who formula fed, breastfed for a shorter/longer amount of time... you are feeding the baby the best way possible for your situation and will not get any judgment here.  Geez, I can't believe people have even felt like they have to justify how they feed their babies.  I've seen some posts lately that have made me cringe!  Feed the baby=healthy baby= it's all good!

I want to see more of this anyway.... 



8 bytes:

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

Congrats on the 7 solid months! That's awesome!!

Bridget said...

Way to go Mac!! You have done a great job keeping your little guy healthy and fed and if you're ready to hang up the pump then go for it!

Marianne said...

Cute cute pic!!!!

Fed baby=happy baby and that's it!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I chose to bottle feed and have spent a really long time defending myself over my choice. I have respect for all mother's and the choices that are best for them, it is just so funny that people feel like they have a right to judge/comment on something so personal.
Love the blog post title!

D from (myjourneythruinfertility)

Heather said...

I've heard of women nursing only part time (evenings and weekends) when they had either already nursed for awhile or if it wasn't their first child. Let us know how it goes!

And I was able to nurse our daughter for 7 months and the twins for only 7 weeks. I don't regret either choice. It was what worked for me and my babies!!!

Courtney said...

My sister nursed part-time with all three of her kids. Definitely give it a try!

I'm weaning now - full-time! Be prepared for some discomfort. Take it slow - drop one feeding/pumping for three days, then drop another for three days, etc. This was prescribed to me by my son's pediatrician - to help me avoid mastitis.

Good luck! If you want to see how it's going for me (I'm very honest!), there's a page on my blog tracking each day of weaning. Today was rough - haven't posted the update yet.

Good luck!

kkasun said...

Congrats on making it that long, what an accomplishment!

Good luck on the weaning (whether all the way or part time)!!!!

Christina said...

Congrats on 7m! That has taken a lot of effort and you should be proud! I don't think it has to be all or nothing. I know women that just do 1-2feedings a day. You can just nurse when ya'll want to and not worry about pumping.