Sunday, May 22, 2011

A bump, a project and a worry

First, the bump.  I know it's freaky to crop out my head but I'm just not completely ready to bare all in blog world... yet.  Really, this is a combination bump + bloat leftover from all the hormones.  I can wear most of my capris, but they are tight.  I come home and put on elastic waist anything..... and it feels SO good!  I'm still wearing all of my regular shirts but bought two maternity shirts from Old Navy to wear this summer, and I'm wearing one in the pic. 
The project.  Do you ever have an area of your home that is neglected for a whole season?  That is exactly what happened all winter where our garage is concerned.  We let stuff accumulate and swept once or twice on a warm day (although it's not evident from the before pic).  We had a beautiful weekend in the southeast so the garage got a total makeover.  Right now, I'm taking an extended break to blog because I am pooped!  We cleaned out, swept, mopped, organized, and then I embarrassed PC by making labels for everything.  He (smirkingly) said "are you doing this so if we die everyone will know where stuff goes?"  And I (smirkingly) replied "exactly!"  He had no more comments!  Alas, the before...  (I've also had other priorities... like IVF!)
And the finished product.  We made enough room to bring up a spare fridge from the basement that's used for PC's job so we still have that left to do.  
And, finally, the worry.  I hate to end two positives with a negative, but I can't help it.  I haven't felt any symptoms this weekend.  No cravings/aversions/off and on nausea/sore bbs/tiredness... I've really just felt normal with the exception of sneezing and a runny nose that I'm pretty sure can be blamed on all the pollen.  Everything I've read says that pregnancy symptoms come and go.  I'm at the end of week #10 and I think some of the earlier symptoms start to taper off at this point.  Still, you know it didn't stop me from POAS.  And the darn $1.00 store tests rarely show a test line that's darker than the control line.  It makes my mind race with more worries, especially since I switched from PIO shots to suppositories this week.  I'm driving PC crazy about it.  I know there are some ladies out there who are shouting right now "enjoy... I wish that were my case" because they have been so sick.  I feel bad for complaining about not feeling yucky.  I just wish I could see in my uterus right now!  Five days to the next ultrasound and that feels like such a long time!

I see getting through the first trimester as such a huge milestone.  I'm currently in another 2WW to get to that point and my prayers haven't changed... please stay with me and keep growing little Mac or PC!    


13 bytes:

Carlia said...

i know it's tough to relax and enjoy it all, but i just know that everything is okay! i can't believe you're already at the end of your 1st trimester. it seems like just last week we were 2ww buddies! ha ha!

Bridget said...

Glad to see you post again- I was wondering how you are! I'm sure everything is fine, but I know it's so hard not to worry- I am still worrying!

Baby Hopes said...

Gorgeous bump!!! Hang in there... I can't imagine how frightening it must be to have symptoms wax and wane, and I'm sure the waits between your ultrasounds are torturous. Let it all out - we're listening. I'm sending lots of love and prayers for you and your little one... I am confident that all is well. Praying for comfort and protection for you all...

China Doll said...

I totally get where you're coming from with the symptoms coming and going.. I'm the same. But I do think it's totally normal and you're getting to the point where you'll lose those 1st trimester symptoms anyway - yay for the 2nd trimester!
You look fab on the pic by the way.. :)

Stephanie said...

I think it is hard to relax when there aren't signs showing you that things are still OK. Soon enough you will feel your little one moving and they will reassure you that everything is ok. The garage looks great by the way!

Marianne said...

How awesome that you're 10 weeks!!!

I think worrying is normal, especially after IVF. :)

DJ said...

Every day when I feel "less pregnant" than the day before, I freak. It' totally understandable. Hang in there, lady!

Jos said...

Your bump looks like mine...gotta love the additional fertility med bloat. :P. I'm sorry you are nervous about the lack of symptoms, but just remember that I'm puking enough for us BOTH to know our babies are safe. :)

Elphaba said...

I've completely had days where I felt nothing and then it all comes back a few days later. Try not to worry too much--it's really normal for your symptoms to come and go.

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful and hope your worries subside soon!!

Anonymous said...

lovely little bump!!!

foxy said...

nice work on the garage! it feels good to put everything in its place.

i too keep fighting a nagging thought that maybe we'll get our week 12 us and there won't be anything there. Our first ob visit and us is this wednesday, and i'll be glad to get another look.

For what its worth, my nausea has been missing for two days now. my appetite too, I went from being starving and nauseous, to not hungry and not ill. it is strange.

Heather said...

Great job with the garage! I know what you mean about the stress of the end of 1st trimester wait. I hated that. Hang in there. I'm sure everything is OK. That said, you need to tell us the instant you have gratification from the ultrasound.