Tuesday, May 3, 2011

OB/GYN Mission: Accomplished

You ladies are right, sometimes we just have to take control and if it requires stalking the ob/gyn, that's what it takes!
Dr. B6 (my 3rd times a charm ob/gyn since TTC) called me back before lunch today.  He is full of enthusiasm and energy and empathy... I need him!  I gave him the short version of our IVF cycle and told him that I really wanted at least two more ultrasounds through the first trimester.  He said that would be no problem and if insurance didn't cover one of them, he would!  I told him that the protocol that we were still following from the RE included PIO, estrogen patches and no sex...yet.  He made it clear that he would follow that protocol and said that our first time being intimate since this process started may be difficult but it would be important for us as a couple.   He said it's as if we would be-----are you ready for this----- revirginated emotionally.  It was such a serious conversation but that phrase made me want to lol.  I had to write it down on my calendar to remember to tell PC.  PC agrees with Dr. B6 that it is very important that we reconnect in that way as soon as we can.  Of course. Truth be told, if we were given the "green light" tomorrow I still don't think it would happen for a little while longer anyway.  Anyways, I now have ultrasounds scheduled for weeks 9 and 11 so mission accomplished! 

I'm feeling pretty good right now.  When I'm hungry, I'm hungry!  I've been keeping crackers and nuts in my desk and in the car for those moments.  During weeks 4-6, I could eat anything, had little or no nausea and tender bbs but tolerable.  During weeks 6-8, I only want to eat certain foods, nausea comes and goes (but no running to the bathroom), the bbs are pretty much back to normal...maybe a little bigger, yippee!  What I'm really loving this week... Mayfield Sour Popsicles!  I wish it were fruit instead but maybe that will be next week.  Shouldn't fruit flavors count for something??? 

15 bytes:

waiting and wishing said...

Revirginated.... I can't stop laughing!!! I'm glad to hear you got your way:)

Nink said...

Maybe I need to be pushy with my OB-GYN to get 2 visits in! I'm scheduled to go in at 10.5 weeks and that's after a 3.5 week wait since my last sono with my RE. It's too long of a stretch!!!! Very happy for you! :)

Jos said...

Sounds like an awesome OB! I'm worried they won't let me get another one this trimester. We shall see.

Revirginated. Lmao.

A said...

WHAT? where do you get these SOUR popsicles??!?!?! how come i didn't know they existed?!?!?!

so happy you connected with a good OB!

China Doll said...

Revirginated! Excellent!! Only just broke the news to my bloke that if this cycle works, we might not be able to 'be intimate' until 12 weeks.. the look on his face ;)

So glad all is going well and you've got your scans set up xx

Baby Hopes said...

I'm loving your OB. Revirginated?!?!?!?!? I'll be cracking up about that one for weeks. I'm so glad he's so attentive... truly a "must have" in an OB! :) So glad it turned out well!!!

Anonymous said...

Reveriginated?? That is an intereseting way to put it, but understood!!
Glad you found such an awesome ob!

MuteMockingbird said...

What a great word - reveriginated! I don't that I would have been able to not laugh, especially if it was a serious conversation. But glad you got the extra scans!

Bridget said...

So glad you can get 2 more u/s!! That Dr. sounds awesome!

~ebc~ said...

so i'm curious about why not intimacy until 12 weeks? we were always told not until the first beta test (by one RE) or told nothing about waiting (by another RE). did your RE give you a reason behind the three month wait? (eg.-oh crap, we did it late last week and now i'm paranoid about something new so please explain ;) )

Carlia said...

how on earth did you keep a straight face when he said that?!? i am positive that i would have been laughing my head off! so glad the appt went well. yay for getting extra ultrasounds! sounds like a fantastic dr.

Mrs. Lydon said...

We are our own best advocates!!! SO proud you stood up for yourself and honored your emotions. So important on this wild ride. Very happy for you and your LO and DH.
WAY TO GO MOMMA!!!

Mrs. Lemon said...

Woo hoo! Just catching up! This is fantastic and you are just right behind me. Congrats, he/she is a beauty already!

Anonymous said...

just wanted to wish you a happy mother's day!! i hope you are still floating on cloud 9!

Anonymous said...

just wanted to wish you a happy mother's day!! i hope you are still floating on cloud 9!