Monday, May 16, 2011

Last PIO

Tonight= Last PIO shot:]  My backside says "yay!"  PC says "thank goodness!"  Tomorrow=PIP (progesterone in privates) twice a day until week 12:[  Four more estrogen patches to go!  In a way, I want to hang on to these medicines because they've become a type of security blanket.  Things only an IVFer would say! 

Thinking of Baby Hopes this evening, who has not gotten two lines from her first IVF cycle.  I know we share many of the same readers and you will all join me in sending a big virtual group hug her way!  She is such an encouragement to so many on this journey and I wish I knew when we will be able to celebrate wih her... because I know we will!

12 bytes:

marilyn said...

Oh wow!!! Last PIO...that is fantastic!!! This is such great news!! i can really appreciate this..because I have these crazy bumps. and right now I am counting down the minutes before I ice to numb my butt for my third week of PIO injections.
I know about Babyhopes..she has been there for me every step of the way.I am very sad about it.

China Doll said...

Yey, last injection!! But I get what you mean about the security blanket.. we get so used to having all these meds and thinking we need them. But I'm sure you'll be fine without them, as well as very relieved to be drug-free :)

Nink said...

I had my last shot a couple nights ago. WOO HOO!!!! I understand the security blanket, though. It's like, will our bodies do what they are supposed to without being artificially pumped? I'm also on twice a day vaginal inserts, but I'm stopping on Friday, at 11 weeks. Then I'm donzo! My prayers go out to Baby Hopes. It makes me realize just how lucky we are.

~ebc~ said...

yay for progress!

Baby Hopes said...

Oh, thank you so much. You're so encouraging and someone I really look to as a source of hope - your victory over IF helps me to look forward to what can be.

I'm SO thrilled that you're off of PIO! I have every faith and confidence that you both (all three including PC!) are strong and crafted together as a family. I can only imagine how reluctant you must feel. Sending prayers of health, strength, protection, and peace to your beautiful family!

Bridget said...

So glad you have your last PIO shot- thank goodness, right?? But I know what you mean about the meds being a security blanket. And my thoughts go out to babyhopes too, she has been so supportive to all of us.

A m a n d a said...

What a huge step, congrats!

Jos said...

I understand the security blanket for sure. Just found out my p4 dropped from 20.5 to 18.5 when they tried to wean me off the supps. Scary. What is your level?

Krista said...

I didn't do PIO with my transfer, but I am next transfer. I'm seriously dreading it!!! I'm jealous you are done with them...now to join the PIP fun!! Wear a liner !!

Anonymous said...

How exciting, yet scary! These drugs are our security, but now it's time to trust your body :) xo

Heather said...

Yeah! Congrats! I remember how happy I was for that last injection too!

Carlia said...

i'm sorry i'm so behind with my blog reading/commenting. YAY for no more shots!!! the PIP isn't so bad, definitely better than a shot in your rumpus. ;)

by the way, did you ever get my email with the info for your award? email me when you get a chance: storkdropzone at gmail dot com