Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nesting vs Resting

I asked a good friend why I didn't have the nesting instinct and she told me she had nesting mixed up with resting and gave me some encouragement to hang in there and that if I had to gain 30 lbs I looked good doing it!  True friend, thanks LP!

I think my problem is wanting to accomplish too many things before baby gets here and then it becomes overwhelming... so I don't get anything done.

My "before baby" wish list would include things like...
  • all Christmas shopping done
  • all Christmas decorating done
  • house clean
  • make some frozen meals
  • stock up on "stuff"
  • finish filling out "before baby" parts in the baby book
  • put the ultrasound pictures and other keepsakes in a photo album
  • organizing all things baby
  • getting the car seat/base together (of course this is not an option)  PC got this done as I was typing this post!  Yay! 
That's what comes to mind quickly... it's a longer list than that.  Really, does it matter?  Those things would be nice but at this point I just want to focus on getting this baby boy here safely.  My anxiety level is increasing daily and it's not about the actual birth, it's about being so close to something so precious and wanting it so badly.  Everyone says I will miss the kicks and movement and maybe so, but right now I can't think of anything better than seeing those kicks and movements with a little person in my arms.
5 weeks... until the best Christmas present ever and I'm having a hard time waiting!  I'm on an emotional rollercoaster right now and I appreciate y'all "listening" out in blogland.  So close...
  

5 bytes:

Baby Hopes said...

I'm so incredibly excited for you!!! YAY for five weeks!!!! I'm eagerly awaiting Christmas and New Year for so many reasons this year... friends giving birth, hopefully getting pics of our son and daughter, and getting through our first trimester!!! What a holiday season to look forward too!!!

foxy said...

Your to-do list looks very similar to mine! and while I was counting on the 'nesting' thing to kick in, I've been told by a handful of people that they never got around to any nesting before the babe's arrival. if that is the case, then I am in trouble!

Bridget said...

Don't worry, you'll get done what needs to be done and the rest can wait! I was so anxious too, but you will be fine!

marilyn said...

5 more weeks!! you are almost there!!
Yeah..the list is overwhelming..I would not mind you writing down the whole list. I feel at times..I am forgetting something. I am so excited for you. Is the nursery all set? Do you just go in there and dream of your baby? Your dream is about to come true

How are you feeling. My friend said at 5 weeks to go: like she was walking around with a bowling ball around between legs.

Anonymous said...

it will all get done and if it doesn't it wont even phase you when you have your bundle of joy in your arms!!

couldnt' be more excited for you!