Saturday, November 19, 2011

Third Trimester (or 36 1/2 weeks) Recap

Since I skipped the weekly updates... this is my improvising with the third trimester recap!  Even though I still have 2-3 weeks to go this is one of those things to get done while I can!  Latest ob/gyn update since we now go each week- negative on the strep B test (yay) and "softening, but baby still high and no dilation yet."  So glad the little guy turned back around into the right position!    

How far along: Weeks 28- 36 1/2- WOO-HOO! 

Symptoms:  Lower back pain, especially if I'm in the same position or sitting too long.  Stuffy nose at night and experiencing a little tightening or crampiness here and there.  Iron supplements= constipation=  hemorrhoids= :[ 

Baby Related Purchases:  We have been so blessed with all things baby through two showers from family/friends and one from my co-workers.  The majority of my co-workers gave money towards our travel system.  It is this one and we love it!  We have already been practicing, lol.
Maternity clothes:  I used to look at all of those medium maternity tops and think, will those really be snug in the coming weeks?  Snug... how about I've had to go buy more size large tops and I'm down to about 3-4 that actually fit!!!   

Sleep: Clockwork bathroom trips at 11:30 p.m., 12:30 a.m., 1:30 a.m., 2:30 a.m., and 4:30 a.m., any sleep revolves around those trips... thanks goodness for night lights and a hubby who always puts the seat down!

Best Moment of the Trimester:  The baby showers and feeling the love and support from friends and family who are almost as excited as we are to meet this little one!     

Strangest Moment:  Just looking in the mirror is strange and puts me in awe at the same time.  There is a little person in there and it's almost time for him to make his appearance to the world, so amazing.
Movement:  There are no longer kicks but all of a sudden a little foot will push out the left side of my belly or a little bottom will root up at the top of my belly, strange and so comforting at the same time.
  
Cravings:  Ice, Ice, Baby:]  I don't know if it's associated with the low iron, but I want ice chips all day long.  I had to go buy a bag of ice to put in our freezer at work and thank goodness our fridge has the built-in ice crusher.  Eating has slowed down to regular meals and normal portions but I do crave something sweet off and on through the day, unlike the first and second trimester. 

Gender:  BOY and we are running out of time to come up with a name! 

What I miss:  Things that used to be easy to do and having to rely on people so much.  I know they are happy to help but I'm so stubborn and independent that it's a little hard to accept sometimes.  I wish I would have taken pictures of me painting my toenails recently, what a sight!  Tried to use some yoga poses but that still didn't help with getting my hand and foot to meet around this baby belly!

What I am looking forward to:  The arrival of this baby as soon as he's ready... we're ready! 

Weekly (or Third Trimester) Wisdom:  This is wisdom that I'm saying to myself right now-- time to figure out how a breast pump works, read instructions on the car seat/base system and finish packing!

Milestones: Five days from full-term, truly a reason to be thankful this Thanksgiving holiday!
Sticky Bun is the size of: Guessing he is around 5 1/2- 6 lbs since the last ultrasound! 

9 bytes:

Bridget said...

Oh how this post takes me back! It'd amazing how much you can forget in only 3 weeks! I'm glad you're hanging in there, baby boy will be here soon!!

Jos said...

YAY for no strep-B!

SOOOO close now!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are so close already!!!

Baby Hopes said...

AAAAhhhh!!! Five days from full term!!! SO exciting!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I loved this update and was laughing about the toenail painting!!! ;) Can't wait to hear your sweet little one has arrived!!!!!

China Doll said...

Not long to go now! Thanks for your comment on my blog :) xx

Anonymous said...

such great news and just bursting with excitement for you !

marilyn said...

5 days!! This has been so great to follow your pregnancy. I have really appreciated all your posts..especially re: IVF..you have helped me so much:)

That baby boy needs a name! I hope you have a few names picked out. I can not wait!!!

Baby Hopes said...

You're full term tomorrow!!! WooHoo!!! Just dropping by to let you know that I awarded you the Liebster Blog on my blog!!! It's under my post for November 23! :)

Carlia said...

you're so close!!! i can't believe how soon he'll be here. so exciting!