Monday, November 28, 2011

No one told me about...

these sharp shooting pains in the lady part area!  They come fast and without warning... OUCH!  Seriously, I can be walking across the room one minute and crossing my legs the next because of what feels like a needle jab down there.  Hoping someone can tell me this means baby is coming sooner than later!

We are pretty much in waiting mode around here.  The bags are packed, the car seat is installed and the names are (at least) narrowed down!  At 38 weeks, the birth stories keep rolling in.  I want to hear them and I don't want to hear them at the same time.  The only certainty is that every birth experience is unique! 

I'm also getting the "how to bring on labor" suggestions.  The most popular one is good 'ol fashioned.... bet you're thinking sex right now... nope, walking.  One of my co-workers said to spend a day at the mall this weekend and she assures me that will speed up the arrival time!  I'll consider any suggestions except for castor oil, no thank you!    

The next ob/gyn visit is Thursday.  Hoping he'll tell me things are continuing to progress.  I want this little boy to come on his terms but I'm so ready to move from the belly to birth to the baby... can't wait for that day to get here! 

14 bytes:

Anonymous said...

Thought you may find this article helpful: http://www.webmd.com/baby/inducing-labor-naturally-can-it-be-done

marilyn said...

wow!! any minute now!! i can not contain myself..it really is just unbelievable!!! Time has flown by..don't you think?! Well..as for the birth stories..they can be really freaky...the stuff the nightmare are made out of of. But I do believe all those talkative mommies intentions are in a good place and they are trying to be informative. Oh...thank you for the award:)!!!

Heather said...

Good luck!!! I don't know anything about inducing, as all my two pregnancies went early. The first at 36 weeks and the second (twins!) at 31 weeks. I know all about breathing through contractions though. I was lucky enough to not need epidurals! No matter what happens I'm sure it will be awesome and exciting!

Kerrik said...

Sounds like we are in the same boat right now. I've already gone for two walks today, and taken two doses of Evening Primrose Oil, but I don't really think either accomplished much more than giving me some fresh air, exercise, and peace of mind. I've been taking the EPO for about four weeks now, and I was .5cm dilated at my last check at 36 weeks, so maybe it's helping.

I definitely don't recommend Castor Oil. My sister took that when she was overdue with her first baby, and she was terribly sick. Her labor did start that night, but she was dehydrated and tired before even starting labor and sick with awful stomach cramps and diarrhea for hours.

Wishing you the best.
KerriK

Nink said...

I'm right there with ya on the pain!!! Sounds like your little guy is almost ready! I'm have contractions on and off, not consistent enough to warrant a trip to the hospital, but soon. And yes, walk, walk, walk!!! That'll do the trick! :)

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

I've been doing acupuncture!

China Doll said...

Walking really helps with getting the baby in the right position, so has to be worth a go :) xx

Anonymous said...

I had those sharp stabbing pains last week, together with a very sore pubic bone a few days later, and my midwife said it was because our LB dropped. This week my coccyx is extremely sore, but I see it all as good! That means that baby is getting ready to be born! All the best, I hope your LO doesn't keep you waiting much longer!

foxy said...

There are so many strange feelings 'down there'... The sharp jabs at my bladder are somewhat shocking. I've been taking a walk every morning and find myself noticing pressure? or something like pressure on my pelvic bone. it is very strange. I also feel like my hips are just not being held together as well as they should be. I stand up and have to wait for a moment to be sure that my hips are going to support my weight. very strange sensations!

Lyndz said...

It sounds lame but walking really does work! I lost my mucus plug (@ 36 weeks 6 days) on Sunday, walked all day Monday @ the mall, rested Tuesday, went walking on Wednesday and was 5 cm by the time I got to the hospital wednesday evening! I also had a milkshake!! Good Luck!

Jos said...

Yikes! I've heard that as the baby drops the pelvic pain increases. Please tell me that you're able to breathe a little easier though! This kid won't get out of my ribs so far.

Use your "bubble of peace" from hypnobabies during people's birth stories. As well-intentioned as most people are when telling them, this really isn't the time for you to have to feel obligated to listen to them! I have seriously walked away from women (friends!) who just cannot stop telling me their story, even when I've asked them to stop. We can compare stories later, you know? :)

Bridget said...

Those pelvic pains were the worst for me! I feel your pain. I tried everything in the book to bring on labor- except castor oil and nothing worked. I hope something works for you and your little boy comes soon!

Anonymous said...

can't believe he is almost here!!! sorry to hear about the pain-ugh!

Courtney said...

Lightening crotch! :) I walked and took the stairs a lot in the weeks following up to my labor, but the night before it was 100 degrees and DH refused to let me walk. I cried and told him this baby was never going to come out if I didn't walk! We DTD, went to bed, and I woke up at 4am in labor! Coincidence? Luck? Probably :)