Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Funny Firsts

I can start a post while breast feeding too, loving the iPhone! Any suggestions of apps you can't live without? 

Pictures- The photographer who did the newborn pictures came to our home when Hampton was nine days old.  We just weren't ready to get him out of the house yet so she was super sweet to accommodate us!  From this point on, we will just rely on mom's picture-taking skills since we can't afford frequent professional pictures (that money is still going on the IVF loan!)  I love the naked newborn pics but PC thinks they make our little man look a little too pretty (he doesn't share my awwhhh so sweet thoughts) so I need to add some "little man" pics for daddy!

How about this one?  This makes me laugh every time!  Anytime our little guy sees something or does something new, his eyes get huge... then he decides if he likes it or not... then whether to cry or not. 


Something else that makes me laugh.  (Background- One of the nurses in the NICU gave our baby a pacifier during the night.  I wasn't sure that we were even going with the pacifier but when I saw him hooked up to those IV's and getting comfort from the paci, I was fine with it.)  So, H only likes one kind of pacifier and it's as big as his face.  It goes almost out, then he quickly sucks it back in.  You can see his little mouth from the other side, warms my heart!   

Today we celebrated with our one month old by eating out at the W.affle H.ouse... maybe we'll go somewhere a little fancier for his one year old birthday but (again) we're still paying for IVF! 
To baby- This might be a clue that we are new parents... we didn't know where to put you!  I'm a little embarrassed to admit I asked the cook "where do people put the car seats" and he proceeded to say that he thought it would fit on an upside down high chair.  That didn't work so we kind've wedged you between the table and back seat of the booth... there weren't many people eating there or we would have made someone laugh for sure!  We are learning!  Love you oh so much and can't wait to see what the next month brings!!!    

7 bytes:

China Doll said...

Love the pics! He's gorgeous :) xx

Baby Hopes said...

Such a handsome little man!!! I love the first picture and your explanation of his expression! :)

Bridget said...

They make the best faces don't they? I feel like I never know where to put the car seat!!

Stephanie said...

I love those pacifiers - probably the only ones we'll ever use. And I think every new parent goes through the high chair issue when they first go out, I know we did, ha!

Courtney said...

We use the same pacis! We went through five brands trying to get him to take one and he loves the *free* one we got at the hospital. Go figure!

His carseat didn't fit on the overturned toddler seat?? We've done that several times! Otherwise we ask for a booth and the seat fits pretty well sideways!

Anonymous said...

adorable!!

Cori said...

Love his cute little face sucking on that gigantic pacifier! Too funny! Oh and the IVF loans... I am so so so happy that at least you get to pay them off while staring at that precious little miracle of yours!