Monday, January 9, 2012

One Month Randomness

 First, best way to start a post is to send some blog baby love out there with a newborn pic:]  
It's amazing how he's changed so much already as tomorrow we will have a ONE MONTH old, wow!

  

Update on breastfeeding:  Thanks for the comments and suggestions... you all are such a great source of support and information!  I started pumping about 1.5 ounces yesterday, once in the morning, but so far it's been used within the next 4-6 hours to allow mommy to run to the grocery store and to get through our first church service.  It has been so hard to figure out how to get out of the house with or without baby!  I also think that our little guy's thrush has now moved to my breasts:[  Tomorrow I will be getting some gentian violet and vinegar to try and stop it before it really starts.  This will be in addition to the Nystatin that goes into his mouth after each feeding and the probiotic that I'm taking.  Good news is that he is up to 8 lbs 5 oz from his birth weight of 7 lbs 9 oz so we know he is eating well!   

New adventures since the last post:  
A tub bath- and he absolutely loves it... he hates to get out!  
Lost the umbilical cord... actually, the doctor took it off which kind of freaked me out but it's healed fine since then.
First trip to a restaurant... he slept in his car seat while we ate fast!
First trip to church...slept right through!

Announcement cards are being shipped right now- if they turn out cute, I'll pass along the website.  I typed directly on one of our newborn pics and ordered a large quantity for a fraction of the price compared to other sites. 

In other news, PC got an i.Phone right before Christmas and didn't like it (wouldn't you know it) so I took it.  Yes, I'm a Mac girl, but I was anti-iPhone for a long time just because I didn't want to be so connected to work e-mail and texting in my "down" time.  But with a newborn, I am SO glad to have that connection... I can accomplish reading your blogs and a feeding at the same time, woo hoo!  Don't worry, I'm all about the bonding, but our little guy is busy and happy while eating so he doesn't mind if I keep up with my blog friends!  Besides, I usually learn something to add to the new mom tool kit so it's good for both of us.  Now, if a smart phone could just do housework lol:]   








7 bytes:

foxy said...

I've never loved my iphone more than i do with a newborn in the house. I take hundreds of pictures every day with it - sending them out to friends and family via text message. Grandmas get a little video emailed off to them each morning. And to be able to read facebook and blogs, and other internet stuff while I am trapped in the rocker feeding for 15 hours /day is pretty freakin awesome.

Your little guy is SO cute. Are you taking these pictures yourself? or getting professional pics every month. I am wanting to get monthly photo shoots for his first year, but trying to figure out how to justify it financially...

Courtney said...

Ha! I remember it being a huge chore to get out of the house. It's a lot simpler now!

Love the newborn photos!

Bridget said...

He is so sweet!! I still don't like getting everything ready to get out of the house, I hope it gets easier soon!!

Stephanie said...

Love that picture! I've heard from those moms who BF that it is hard to separate themselves from the baby for a while, but hopefully you get a routine down soon that let's you have some "you" time.

Jos said...

Your beautiful pic of your son makes me so sad we never did those true newborn shots. Love it!!!

Heather said...

Let's start with awesome, gorgeous pic!!!!

Next - gentian violet is the most amazing thing in the world. We fought off thrush back and forth between Phoebe and I for 6 months. We'd think it was gone and it would keep coming back. We finally broke down and used gentian violet. BTW, you won't want to take the baby out of the house for about 3 days during and after using, as her mouth will be purple, but the stuff works! Also make sure if you are pumping while being treated, to boil your pump parts (just not the tubing). Any questions on that ask your LC.

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the new mommy advice on my blog!!

that picture is unreal!!! how precious is he!