Thursday, January 26, 2012

TVT

  • Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus Baby Brain!  Forget knowing the date, what day of the week is it?  Does it go in the fridge or in the pantry?  Is it too, two or to?  Me:  "What's that thing in there that washes the dishes?"  PC:  "Ummm.... the dishwasher?"  Me:  "Oh, yeah."  If I could remember other crazy things I would post them here, but I can't remember anything!
  • Grateful for a wonderful MIL and FIL.  But... a little aggravated with FIL that blue slippers with puppy dogs on them to keep my child's feet warm look "girly." 
  • How in the world does something so small produce toots and and poops so HUGE?  
  • What do we call "it" with a little boy?  I say we call it his pee pee and PC says that's too dainty.  He suggests it's the peter.  But what if that's a little boy's name in his class one day?  Decisions, decisions. 
  • The sixth bed has arrived at our home this week.  

Why did I not know about this life saver?  Some swaddling & the dustbuster & the paci and we are getting half of the night without baby in the middle of us and half the night with baby---- ahhhhh, best of both worlds!!!  Well, the sleep is a little better after the dustbuster battery runs low!
  • Got my hair highlighted this morning.  That hair made it through month nine, labor, birth, NICU and the first six weeks with a newborn.  Believe me it was time!  Pumped three days to get out for those two hours.  Do you think I processed in a chair reading a good trashy magazine?  Nope, I went to hang out in a quiet bathroom lol. 

7 bytes:

Kelly said...

I totally laughed out loud at calling "it" peter! Too funny! Gad you got your hair done...I did that when my daughter was 4 weeks old and I felt like a completely different person...it was awesome!

Bridget said...

I LOVE the rock and play sleeper- best bed in our house so far! Yay for getting your hair done and feeling a little more like yourself!

Jos said...

Bed 6. THAT is funny. :)

I SOOOO need to get my hair done. Soon. Soon.

I wish you lived close and we could be space cadets together. I forget EVERYTHING lately!!

Baby Hopes said...

Oh my goodness... this post had me laughing! My husband and I have had the same dilemma on what to call our son's parts. I'm still clueless on this one... and shamelessly taking suggestions.

Francie said...

Funny!! In my family we had a unisex term for both boys and girls - "peeper!" I've never heard anyone else say peeper but that's probably what we will use!

Courtney said...

Ok, the penis thing reminded me of this clip from "The New Girl"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXcuvs4fW9c

Willow said...

We have that same rocker and we love it! She only naps or hangs out in it though :) We also have the Rest Assured Sleeper that you mentioned in a previous post, and our baby sleeps great in there! Well...she did, until she got a cold, and now none of us are getting much sleep. Sigh. She'll be 4 months old on Mon, so we're moving her to her nursery this weekend--I'm not ready! Anyway, wishing you a good night's rest! Oh and I call our son's his "wee wee," but he's started calling it his "pee pee," so I guess that'll do :)