Monday, May 2, 2011

Introducing...

A future Mac fan, don't you think?  


When we got to the waiting room, Ms. Hateful Hurry u/s tech called another patient back and PC and I literally whispered "oh no" at the same time.  She turned our way and I was really hoping she hadn't just heard us!  I don't think so because, to our suprise and delight, she was patient and NICE!  
I told PC before the appointment "I can't see anything so as soon as you see the heartbeat, but ONLY when you see it for sure, give me a thumbs up!"  So, I got in the position and turned my head to PC.  He had his thumb in the middle... waiting, waiting... it went up a little, then back to the middle... finally- thumbs up!  Note to fellow IVF'ers, this wasn't the best idea I ever had.  Those seconds felt like hours!  
The u/s tech gave us the measurements and then she turned on the doppler.  Omg.  The first time, I didn't hear anything but the wahh wahh of the machine, but today it was bump bump bump... 167 bmp of music to our ears!  
Oh, I don't think I've shared that I have good luck prenatal panties!  Maybe I shouldn't share that, but too late.   They are VS gray with little sparkles and I have worn them (no worries, always clean) to retrieval, transfer and both ultrasounds.  I do realize they come off before each procedure but I take some comfort in always having the same undies ready for each trip to the RE.  It's like I pull them out of the drawer and it gives me some kind of "we can get through another milestone" self-talk moment.  What will I do when they no longer fit?!?    I digress...
We graduated today!  They release patients at 8 weeks so now the only thing left of our clinic is the estrogen patches, PIO shots, the bill and (let's not forget) one little Mac or PC!  On the way home, I called to set up my first appointment with the ob/gyn.  They gave me this or that reason why the next available appointment isn't until four weeks away... no way people!  Later, I called back and left a message for the ob/gyn to give me a call.  If he hasn't called by tomorrow afternoon, I will call him back.  I am not opposed to ob/gyn stalking!  I only want to ask him for VIP treatment through the first trimester.  I need to tell him, "the RE got me pregnant, now please help keep me that way!"
We just feel so fortunate right now but the fears keep hanging on.  We keep pushing back the timeline for telling everyone beyond our immediate family, a few close friends and our pastor.  We're at 8 weeks and I've told PC, let's wait until the 10 week u/s.  At that time, I will probably say let's wait until 12.  I clearly have seen and heard the heartbeat and have the pictures of this little living being within me... why am I doing this?  When will I truly believe that this is our time for a miracle that we've so waited and prayed for? 

18 bytes:

Baby Hopes said...

So precious and beautiful!!! This picture seriously brought such joy and laughter of delight! I would be the same way... no way would I wait four weeks. And I'm pretty sure I would want to wait before telling others, too... less out of fear than about cherishing that time together as a family to celebrate such a precious miracle!!! Sending love and prayers for your beautiful, growing family! :)

Cori said...

Cuteness!!!!! So exciting! Congrats on your graduation!

Anonymous said...

Congrats lady!!! I know you were comforted to see and hear that little one in your belly :) The fear is normal...anyone that does 'just get pregnant' has those same feelings/fears. Just celebrate each day and the joy that is within you! What will be will be, so enjoy each moment!

Mrs. Lydon said...

What a beautiful baby!!! So happy for you. You have to tell the dr exactly what you need. Reasurance!! And i hope they help you out in that department. You just do whatever feels right to you!

The House of One said...

Awww....so sweet!!

Stephanie said...

Congrats to you both! I'm realizing it won't feel real until my baby is in my arms.

Marianne said...

How freaking amazing and beautiful!!!

A said...

That is awesome! You should put up a ticker so we can keep up with how far along you are!

Anonymous said...

WOW, congrats!!! So very very happy, what a fabulously healthy heartbeat!
Do go for the OB/Gyn Stalking though if you feel you need some extra reassurance. I did it (pregnant after IVF too) and thanks to my super lovely, super patient OB/Gyn I felt a little less anxious and my baby and I were in the best hands. We ladies are probably a little more high maintenance than the easily pregnant crowd, but that's just the way it is! :-)

manymanymoons said...

Show up on the OB's doorstep if you have to (and I mean their home doorstep). Four weeks is too long! I am so happy for you!!

Ordinary Girl said...

So exciting!!!!! I'm so happy for you! I agree that four weeks is a long time. Do what you have to do to make yourself feel comfortable and tell people when you're ready. We didn't start telling more people until the second trimester because that's what felt right for us. You'll know when you're ready. Congratulations!!!

A m a n d a said...

Aww! He/she looks just like a little person! Congrats on graduating..what a huge milestone :)

Bridget said...

beautiful!!! So happy for you! I felt the same way- scared and excited all at the same time. You will get past the scared part soon enough!

Jos said...

This post makes me so happy mac!!! You ARE pregnant, and we are both going to have beautiful little babies in our arms come December. Believe that!

~ebc~ said...

Congrats on a great appt! You tell people when you're ready...for us that means when it's crying in the background ;) Hope you get ahold of your new ob (woohoo for graduating) soon and get an appt much sooner than forever 4 weeks away!

Carlia said...

what a beautiful sight! congrats!!! i am seriously so happy for you. :)

JMM said...

Cuteness! Congrats to you:) Hey, I nominated you for an award...hop on over to my blog to get it! Love reading yours btw:) Great photo!

marilyn said...

I love your blog. I know random..but I do!!! I think that is great that you have special magic lucky underwear. But why Grey? beddlyyf.
Thumbs up! what an amazing picture!! and I am so glad you heard the heart beat!