Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quick Getaway

Last weekend, PC and I went on a last minute weekend trip about 5 hours from home. We made our plans as we went along. I like those trips... no expectations just make it up as you go! The funniest thing that happened was on the way there... PC kept waiting on the "perfect" place for a bathroom & finally he just took an exit. We passed a Ri.te Aid and I told him there had to be a bathroom in there & he disagreed but was getting desperate! So we went in, made a lap around the store & I've never seen him look so aggravated & walking so fast & I'm still trying to convince myself that every Ri.te Aid has a bathroom- well, they don't. You had to be there, but I couldn't stop laughing... pure funny moment at PC's expense. Then... the payback... so on the way home I have to go & I'm hungry. We stop in a rough-looking part of the country (but we borrowed a GP.S and that was so cool) in a Mc.Donalds. I was fixing a drink & felt something tickly on my leg... the biggest roach I've ever seen ON my leg & I yell and kick it off with my other foot & everyone's seeing this & getting grossed out, including me. Except PC- he gets the laugh. While we were actually at our destination, it was pretty much event-less & relaxing... just what we needed. BTW, went for acupuncture yesterday. I want to continue that while we're not going to the RE right now. I asked Dr. C for an estimate of how long he thought it might take to regulate my cycles and his response was- [for most, anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.] I am seeing progress with acupuncture. Even though I skipped 2 cycles, the past 2 that I've had have been 5-7 days... maybe long for some, but it's improvement to me. OK- I've put it off long enough, supper dishes aren't washing themselves:[ But blogging is much more fun!

2 bytes:

Happy said...

Ewwww...

battynurse said...

Glad you had a nice short vacation. I have to admit that I am seriously squirming over here at the whole roach thing. I swear had that been me, you would have heard me from states away. Yup, that's me, stupidly afraid of bugs.
I hope your cycle starts to even out soon.