Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beta #2


Another good phone call today.  Beta #2 was 519.  I thought maybe it should have doubled on Friday and again today but the IVF nurse said the RE's were very happy with these results.  I have no reason not to trust their expertise thus far so I will (try) not to worry!  My RE only does two beta counts.  So, here I am again in another 2WW until the first ultrasound, aarrrggghhhh!  It's scheduled for Monday, April 25th.  I know enough from reading blogs and Internet searching that betas cannot determine singleton or twin pregnancies but (in the meantime) it's fun to wonder!  Anyone want to make a prediction? 

P.S.  Please check back tomorrow because I plan to show you something special I won on a blog giveaway and invite you to participate in one of my own!

Thanks once again for all of the encouragement here!  You all are THE BEST!  

10 bytes:

Jos said...

Awesome awesome awesomeness. :) So happy for you Miss Mac!

Mrs BabyDream said...

Such great results. I'm predicting a singleton....or maybe twins....lol.so exciting!!!

Baby Hopes said...

What a beautiful beta!!!! I'm hoping twins for you... and given your high first beta, I think you have twins!!!

hopeisafourletterword said...

Nice strong beta numbers, I am predicting a singleton but wouldn't be surprised if it was twins!

Bridget said...

Great numbers!!! I think one perfect little baby for you and PC!!

Amy said...

Awesome 2nd Beta!

I'm guessing one adorable mini Mac!

foxy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Awesome numbers and awesome news!

I just can't believe that this is finally real, you know!

hopeisafourletterword said...

Yes you get to say "I told you so" !!

Elana Kahn said...

Congrats! Betas are supposed to double in 48-72 hours, so 46 is perfect!!!

Blondie said...

Congratulations!! I've not been to my blog in a couple of weeks (I figure I'll be doing PLENTY of blogging this summer when we dive into IVF#1!), but I wanted to stop by and check on you. I'm so thrilled for you and PC! Please keep us updated! :)