Saturday, April 2, 2011

7dp3dt

It's been one week today since the three day embryo transfer.  Half-way through the 2WW, woo-hoo!  I haven't had anymore cramping/twinges for the past couple of days.  I just feel "normal" and I wish I felt "pregnant" but I don't know what that feels like!  You know those stories you read about women who just knew?  I'm not one of them:[  Good news from my P4 bloodwork, it was 20+ (nurse didn't know the exact number) so I don't have to add any more to the PIO shot.

I'm trying to line up some distractions... Today, we caught an early movie (The Lincoln Lawyer) and we'll go back out for dinner in a little while.  Tomorrow, we're supposed to go to church shoe-less (should be interesting) and then I want to plant a few strawberry and tomato plants later in the day.  I don't think all the distractions in the world will keep me from not thinking about the Thursday phone call after our trip to the RE!

Something happened at our dinner with BIL/SIL that caught me off guard.  They are part of our small, IRL support group who know a good bit about what we're going through although no one can really understand what's involved unless they've actually been through it.  Anyway, I showed them the pic of our embryos and BIL was like "those are in you?  Two?  Twins?  Yay!  Yes... it was always my dream to have twins, that is great!"  All of this happened before I could tell them there are several more hurdles to get through.  When I was able to tell him what still has to happen, his demeanor totally changed and he just looked worried for us.  This is why there's no way we could let so many people in on this.  His first reaction was precious.... but it was way too premature.  I "burst his bubble" in a matter of minutes and can't imagine having to go through that over and over.  I hope this doesn't come across like I've written this IVF cycle off but after being on this long road for nearly six years, a positive beta is a hurdle, a beta that doubles is another hurdle, an ultrasound where everything looks good is a big hurdle, a pregnancy and birth of a healthy baby, that's what it would truly take for me to let go of all doubt.  Just being honest. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


 

19 bytes:

Jos said...

Ugh, it sucks how IF can make the post optimistic of us incredibly cynical and worried...

Praying for a great beta and healthy baby(ies!).

Jos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marianne said...

What an innocent response :) I wish it were that easy!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....I'm kinda crushin' on your brother. Well, his response at least. I WISH it were that simple. Thinking about you as beta draws near!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are half way through the 2ww and that you got to see a great movie! nothing like a little matthew mc(sp?) to keep your mind occupied!

Bridget said...

My brother was the same way- it's hard for people to understand everything that has to go right for you to actually be pregnant. Glad the 2ww is almost over!!!

Baby Hopes said...

I completely hear you... even just the preparation period of IVF has brought up a lot of hopes, questions, and revelations to my immediate family.

I can't tell you how much I'm hoping that this works for you... I so much want for you to see a positive test or get a phone call that you're pregnant some time in the next week!!!

Thinking of you and looking forward to your updates...

LC said...

We are on the same exact cycle day - 7dp3dt. Our other two lil embryos didn't make it to freezing either. My beta is Wednesday. SUPER hopeful for you. GL!!!!

Krista said...

I've had the same conversation with friends and co-workers when I tell them we are transferring an embryo. They just think that automatically means we are having a baby! I try to explain that that is not the end of the story....much more hurdles to jump over. They don't get it...what could go wrong?!?! I wish I could go back to that type of optimistic thinking. :-)
Thinking of you as your beta gets closer!!!

MuteMockingbird said...

I know what you mean. People who haven't been through this really think that everyone leaves the fertility clinic pregnant.

Thinking of you as your beta gets closer!

Anonymous said...

I understand the hurtles aspect of the post. When we got pregnant last year, the worry kicked in immediately and C couldn't understand how I wasn't just thrilled totally and completely. i explained after years of trying, it was too good to be true to happen on an unmedicated cycle; I was write when it ended in MC :(
Since that time, I actually worry about worrying after our next BFP! It's not fair- after all infertiltes have to go through to get the BFP, we should at least be able to enjoy it!!! GL!

foxy said...

Oh my gosh, our last 24 hours have been just like that... We've only told a few people that we were doing ivf, and as we've been giving them the news of our positive betas they have been SO excited. Much TOO excited if you ask me. All I can say is that its still early, but I just don't want to crush them with my caution. I thought about it a lot last night, and rationalized that despite our caution we will be crushed if something happens to prevent this pregnancy from proceeding, and so maybe it is okay that they are so excited, because they will understand a fraction of the heartbreak we experience in that event.

Whooever can invent us a window into our uterus will be rich! May all of your symptoms be good ones!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Day said...

I completely understand. I've got high hopes for you though! Thinking positive and sticky thoughts!!!

LC said...

Hey hon - Are you going to wait all the way til Thursday or POAS before then? I can't decide what to do!!!!!

LC said...

You are strong girl!!! I think I may break and test Tuesday. If I wait til Wednesday, I will get the news at work and won't be able to either celebrate or God forbid mourn the results with the hubby. I will be by myself at work in front of 28 third graders and I don't know if that's such a good idea (especially if the news is bad).

Tippy said...

just catching up on my blogs after being on vacation. congrats on being PUPO! the 2ww is brutal. i hope that time flies by quickly and you get the positive result you want.

Heather said...

I've never been one of those folks that "felt pregnant" either. Wishing you lots of luck at your beta!!!

A m a n d a said...

Aww, they sound so sweet and hopeful for you. I wish we could all think that way, and assume PUPO=Pregnant. I do hope he's right though!

Not much longer now! Hope you're feeling good :)