Thursday, March 31, 2011

5dp3dt

Exactly one week from today until BETA!!!

5dp3dt...

Recently, a blogger was talking about having no symptoms in the 2WW and being worried and I'm having all kinds of cramps/twinges and I'm worried!  I've had period-like cramps that come and go on both sides.  Some are short twinges and a few are worse than I have with AF.  It is so hard to not know what's taking place in my uterus!   

I called Nurse LLD about the bathroom troubles and she said it would be fine to take anything to help... Milk of Magnesium, Colace, Prunes... take my pick!  Joy.

I ran out of needles for the PIO shot and had some called in to our pharmacy.  They were out of the 1 1/2 inch but the pharmacist said I could get by with 1 inch so I get 1/2" less needle in my backside now, small victory:]  PC is still doing a good job with the injection but it freaks him out every time.  He has sympathy pains, which I must admit is pretty sweet.

MIL cooked dinner for us last night (crumble chicken) and SIL is cooking for us tonight (spaghetti).  I have the best in-laws, I'm so thankful.  Hoping they get to be grandparents and an aunt and uncle soon... if I'm getting the royal treatment for trying to get pregnant, I envision much more crumble chicken and spaghetti in the future if I am pregnant!  Do you hear that embryos? 

Yesterday I could not get enough salty (like olives) or sour (like lemon drops).  Not saying that these are cravings, just can't figure out where I'm making diet mistakes so that my body needs sodium and I have no idea about the lemon drops!?!  Let's just blame anything and everything on progesterone at this point! 

This morning, I traveled back to the RE for a progesterone check.  Waiting on them to call me back, but hoping that it's on track so that I don't have to add more PIO!

13 bytes:

waiting and wishing said...

crossing my fingers for great news today... AND a week from today :)

One Day said...

Hmmm...i definitely had those cramps and twinges!!! I'm thinking its a very good sign! :) I had serious cramps right around this time, but no implantation bleeding...but it looks like there was some serious implantation going on. I'm feeling very positive for you!!!

Thinking sticky thoughts!

A m a n d a said...

cramps and twinges are good signs in my book!!! Hoping the weekend makes the wait go by a little faster.. (although, I know it's unlikely lol)

manymanymoons said...

Sounds like our BETA's are on the same day. Yikes...doesn't the time seem to be standing still! I'm really pulling for you.

Krista said...

Sounds like all VERY good signs! Hang in there....one week will go by so quickly!!!

A said...

hang in there! i know it is hard not to read into every little thing!!

Bridget said...

I was convinced my period was going to start with all the cramps I had after my IVF but look at me now! I can't wait to hear how it goes next week!

Kerrik said...

I'm also having lots of cramps, but I've been freaking out cause some of them aren't where they should be. I am definitely hating this wait!

Kim said...

You may already do this, but the biggest thing I've done to help with the PIO shots is to lay down while getting them. I still have pain afterwards, but it's MUCH less than it was.

Cramps can be good things in this case. I know it sounds weird, but there's a lot going on in your abdomen right now.

hopeisafourletterword said...

I take Miralax for my "bathroom troubles" I like it because it dissolves in any beverage ( i have been putting it in my POM juice) so you can't taste it and your body doesn't absorb it so even though I know it is safe to take colace etc. I feel better about not adding one more drug to my body.

Marianne said...

I hope hope hope those are implantation twinges!!!!

Anonymous said...

My biggest 'issue' with the 2ww after a medicated cycle is that all of the symptoms can be played either way...I could tell you to relax and not think about it but you might clobber me (bc I would if someone told me that!!) so I am going to say...think of them as that uterus stretching and making room for your baby to grow!
Also, Miralax- it is non-cramping and easy to take.

Carlia said...

can't wait until the test!!! i'm so stinkin' excited for you!

also, send me an email at storkdropzone at gmail dot com, because my readers nominated you for the humpday hero award!