Monday, March 14, 2011

Dreams, Reality, and back to Dreams!

My dreams for the guest room were more like this...

than this...
but hopefully the "clinic" will be transformed over the next several months and dreams of a nursery can become a reality.  Maybe I thought the beach towel on the table would bring me happy thoughts while I'm cursing the Menopur sting!

Speaking of dreams, I've had at least two dreams recently that involved me taking care of babies, but neither of them were mine.  That has bothered me.  One was a baby boy who had a green cast on his left arm... clearly that should have been PC's child, lol.  The other was a toddler aged girl who I loved but knew I was just baby-sitting.  I guess it sounds silly but I just think having one dream about a child that I know is ours would give me more hope and a reason to keep moving forward in the IF journey.

Well, guess this will have to do for a Monday blog post because it's time for the evening visit to the clinic.  This is day 4 of stims and I have my first check-up appointment in the morning.  I'm a little worried because, with the exception of a few twinges, I haven't really felt anything going on in the ovary area.  I was hoping for some type of growing pains!  

Hope everyone has a great week!   

7 bytes:

A m a n d a said...

I love how you call it "the clinic" :)

Good luck tomorrow, hoping for good progress news!

Baby Hopes said...

Oh my goodness!!! Your clinic is slightly terrifying! Here's hoping that the very near future brings the first picture into reality!

One Day said...

I love the beach towel! Calm thoughts, soothing thoughts. Haha!

And ps- that nursery is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

manymanymoons said...

I'm on day four of stems too and they saw a big old nothing in there yesterday at my monitoring appt. She said it's just going to be low and slow for us this cycle and to be patient. I'm going to try hard to trust that they know what they are talking about.

I was just telling my husband last night that the menaphor stings like a freaking bitch this time for some reason. Way more than last time. Ugh. Hang in there.

Bridget said...

I love the clinic in your guest room! Good luck at your appt- I hope you get some good news!

Egg Donation Mommy said...

This is such a journey, I know. Keep looking at that photo of the nursery, which is amazing, and stay positive. Glad I found your blog and I'm excited to follow your journey :)

Anonymous said...

Haha! Too funny!!! Love how the "after" pic came before the "before" pic. And I love that your dreams are out there, girl....that's the way to manifest them! I, for one, think that it doesn't matter who's children you dream of...only that you're dreaming of that maternal instinct. It's a great feeling, isn't it?