Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wait Eight!

IVF #1- Latest u/s and b/w for day 9 of stims:
E2- 543
Left Ovary- 2-13mm, 2-11mm, 2-9mm
Right Ovary- 1-14mm, 1-20mm

My thoughts... eight is better than the three we had a few days ago.  But my fear is that some are going to be too mature and some are not going to have enough time to mature before retrieval!  I need the ones on the right to slow down and the ones on the left to speed up.  Oh, this process is so out of my control and that makes for a frustrated me.  The Lupron should force that 20mm to wait, right? Are there usually any empty follicles?  I promise, I'm not sitting here biting my nails or pacing back and forth.  My feet are propped up and I'm enjoying the sunshine today... but these racing thoughts always make their way to the blog!

There has been a bright spot in all of this.  The RE clinic is a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive each way and PC has rearranged his work schedule so that he can be with me at every appointment.  We've left by 6:00 a.m. for most appointments and have both been back to work by 10:30 a.m.  This time together has been fun considering the circumstances.  I never knew PC could do a R.eba Mc.Entire impression until this morning when we were arguing (nicely) over the radio stations.  We both turned and looked at a couple we were passing (no particular reason) and they both looked at us and it was a "had to be there" funny moment.  We've shared some laughs and some choice words on these drives and it has just been time for me to realize how lucky and blessed I am to have him as a partner in all things life.

We're getting so close.............................

4 bytes:

Baby Hopes said...

I think we need to trade ovaries. I will give you my right (slow and steady pace... to slow sometimes) for your right, which are at present overachievers. Mine are opposite... the left always has to outdo the right, but it's still a bit on the slow side. ;)

I agree... the drives are the best, for better or worse, and have brought us much closer together along the way. I'm hoping so much for the very best for you!!! Praying that this IVF brings you your baby!!!

hopeisafourletterword said...

Eight is great! We have a big week ahead of us, I will be thinking of you!

Bridget said...

So excited that you're almost there!! 8 sounds like a great number. I'm glad you and your hubby are getting some quality bonding time in the car!

Jos said...

That quality bonding time is so important during this crazy IF journey - I'm glad it worked out for PC to rearrange this schedule!

8 is great!