Monday, March 7, 2011

IVFmeds... make me proud!

Thanks for the comments and for listening yesterday on a 'down' day.  I hate this for all of us!!!

I called the RE's office today to see if results from the biopsy were back (ruling out inflammation) but it could still be a couple of days.  I have a small cyst but my estradiol is low so that's okay.  The conversation was rather irritating.  I ordered my meds (most of them) from ivfmeds.  I love the good 'ol USA, I really do but I also did some research, read reviews and didn't see anything wrong with these meds except for the inconvenience of the glass vials as mentioned in an earlier post and they do not send syringes/needles.  The actual meds are held to the same high standards and they were significantly cheaper.  In fact, Bravelle and Menopur are not even made in the US!  I don't really understand how it all works as far as costs but PC says the prices are jacked up in the US because drug companies are losing money in countries with price controls and a bunch of other stuff where (sorry PC) I started tuning out.  However, when I was asking the RE's office about filtering needles for the glass vials, these people act like I'm about to take some contaminated, toxic substance!  They act like I'm doomed before the first injection and need to be scolded!  Does this supply look much different than yours?  Geez, I needed to save any money possible and it would be nice if they could cut me some slack!      

8 bytes:

~ebc~ said...

outside the ivf world, lots of "normal" drugs still come in glass vials such as lidocaine, phenergan...in fact, i distinctly remember those glass vials before my first retrieval (plus, i've used them on patients when i worked in a family practice clinic too in good ole usa). anyways--my poi is yours, i've used that exact lupron kit, both of which i got at wal.greens, my menopur looked different box wise (can't see the vials or whatever) and i've never done pregnyl or bravelle so i'm really no help there. hang in there. lots of clinics act that way when something is different than what they do...doesn't mean it's wrong.

Baby Hopes said...

Oh. Mercy. You are a strong woman, facing all those meds! Wishing you the best of luck!

China Doll said...

I've found staff at clinics just don't like anything that's different from what they're used to.. it panics them or something. Here in China, women don't like to inject themselves so they go to the clinic every day. The nurses were stressed out that I wanted to do the Gonal-F myself during my IUIs!

Bridget said...

Yay! You have your drugs! I'm so excited for you to start this process.

Krista said...

You gotta do what you gotta do, sister! I didn't even have a choice of where my meds came from, the clinic ordered them and then they showed up on my doorstep!

Anonymous said...

Getting the drugs is like a 'right of passage' almost!! haha. My MD ordered them one day and the next day they were on my front porch. You can see our pic (its the 1st pg of the blog)...they are all about the same, but we used different drugs. Good luck!

Kerrik said...

They look pretty normal to me. My drugs have slightly more fancy boxes, that's about it.

I know lots of people who order their drugs internationally. My doctor's office ordered all my drugs directly, but if they hadn't I would probably have also ordered them internationally to save a little money.

Best of luck as you get started!

Jos said...

Hm... i didn't know anything about the filtering needles being needed. I need to do some research on that!