Sunday, March 27, 2011

Is it only 1dp3dt???

Sitting here with a heating pad on my PIO'd butt!  1dp3dt and PC has already banned me from reading anything about embryo transfers.  He didn't catch me in time to find this "play by play" chart so that I can hope and pray that my embryos are following the schedule!  This is going to be a long two weeks!

3-Day Transfer
Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
 Embryo Development
 One The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
 Two The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
 Three The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell 
 Four The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
 Five The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation 
 Six Implantation continues
 Seven Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop 
 Eight Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream 
 Nine Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted 
 Ten Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
 Eleven Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy 

I'm mad at myself for agonizing over every move I make or every twinge I feel!  One of my friends realized she went horseback riding in the early stages of her second pregnancy and here I am worried about having the hiccups!  Aside from running a marathon or hanging out in a sauna, I don't think that normal activity is going to interfere with the natural process that is hopefully taking place in my uterus right now.  These embryos may not have gotten there through the usual route but I'm hoping they are "home" now...for nine months anyway! 

PC asked me about some credit card charges today and I told him I hadn't used that card in a long time.  We realized someone stole our card number and we have it narrowed down to two online sources where PC recently made purchases and our card number was hijacked.  So far they have bought body art/piercings, spent two nights at a hotel in Raleigh, NC, spent $300+ at a home office store and $1.00 at Home Depot before we caught on and closed the card.  How do you spend $1.00 at a Home Depot?  And do you think they felt the least bit guilty doing all of this on our DISNEY card?  Poor Disney card has been defiled from who knows what has been purchased by this/these thieves!  Now we wait for a claims form to get everything straightened out.  Thank goodness we rarely use our debit card for online purchases, that would be a bigger pain if these funds were drained from our bank account!  (They couldn't get very far seeing as how those funds were pretty much drained from IVF anyway!)

I hope part of the 2WW support here is being able to ramble about topics that may or may not be IF related while passing the time!  

12 bytes:

marilyn said...

what jerks! They stole from your Disney Card! Karma is coming their way!! I love this chart though...
maybe you can meditate on it..I don't know.lol...I got this Circle +bloom CD and I guess it is an amazing IVF meditation program. anyways..I hope you are keeping busy:)

Baby Hopes said...

I love the play by play. I seriously started looking for where I'm at on the chart and adding the days to apply to an IUI. ;) What a bunch of punks for stealing your card!!! Seriously?!?!?!?

A m a n d a said...

They stole your Disney card?!? That's just wrong! But at least it's a distraction for you..(I can't believe I'm even saying that lol)

I hope the time starts to move a little quicker for you soon!

Bridget said...

I googled every tiny thing after my transfer - I just couldn't help myself :) I hope your 2ww goes quick!

Chrissy said...

I was obsessed with that same chart for this 2ww! I hope your little guys are snuggling in right on track. And that sucks about your credit card. Hope it all gets straightened out soon.

Kerrik said...

It is definitely hard not to obsess over every little thing we do. I was laughing hard at a movie last night, and started worrying about it.

That sucks about the credit card. That's happened to us a couple of times, and it truly sucks. I always feel so violated.

Brandi said...

It is hard not to think about every little thing. I know after our transfer I didn't do anything but watch TV and read a book. I did that for 3 days just to stay stress free. I didn't even look at my laptop. I figured if I wasn't doing anything, I had nothing to worry about. :) It must have worked! Hope your wait goes by fairly quickly. Our wait was close to the holidays so after my 3 day bed rest I was back to being a busy bee and the time flew by!

hopeisafourletterword said...

Thanks for posting that chart, I will definitely be referencing daily after my transfer.

Amy said...

I'm glad you caught your card. We had someone using ours up in Canada a few months ago. Don't know how they got the number.
I like the chart. I wish I had had that. I was always trying to figure out what was going on each day. Hang in there. The 2WW will end!

Carlia said...

so funny that PC is on google patrol. B does that, too. ha ha! sorry to hear about the card being "borrowed". poor disney - tainted forever. :( i think the fact that it was a disney card should double the thief's bad karma from this. ha ha!

foxy said...

"Oh yes, honey, didn't you notice my new piercings? and the fact that I was missing for two nights?"

We use our credit card for everything, and my husband is always watching the online statement with our MInt account.

Just yesterday I was starting to feel like my 2ww was starting to drag, but then realized that my first blood test is tomorrow!!! They won't tell me the results until after the second blood test on friday, but still, it feels like I am doing something.

I wish I felt more symptoms - or had a little window to see in there!

Mrs. Lydon said...

I have to admit I copied and pasted this chart for when my 2WW rolls around haha!! I hope you can pass the time easily. I know how hard it is to obsess about the 2ww during it, drives us crazy!!! Well we are here to listen to whatever you pass the time with!