Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Few Good Eggs

First Follicle check today:
E2- 225
Left Ovary- 3 Follies at 6, 8, 11
Right Ovary- 2 Follies at 14

I was bummed when the u/s technician said "three good sized follies" but Nurse LLD called and said that I should not be discouraged.  She said to remember that it only takes one good egg.  Umm... I told her we need a few good eggs and a few more back-up good eggs!  She also said that day 6 of stims is still early (really?) and things could completely change by my next ultrasound (Friday).  I hope she's right... I need some more follicles to show up to this party!!!

She also told me, "no more menopur."  I have quit trying to ask so many questions or understand the protocol at this point.  Just do as told.  I was not a fan of Menopur anyway.  It stinks that any leftover meds can't be sold or given to the RE clinic to help another couple.  As far as I know, my RE uses any donated meds for injection training purposes only.  I'm hoping this morning was my last ever rendezvous with Menopur.

Other exciting news... tentative dates:
March 20- Trigger
March 22- Retrieval
March 25- Transfer
March 26- Mac and PC's wedding anniversary- 6 years!  Need I tell you what I'm wishing for?  :]  

14 bytes:

waiting and wishing said...

Your nurse it right, things change so quickly! We are doing an follistim/iui cycle and went from what looked to be nothing notable on the left ovary to an 11.5mm and 15.5mm on the left in a matter of four days.
You are getting SO CLOSE! I can't wait to hear how everything goes!

A m a n d a said...

She's right...it does only take one! But still, I hope you have a few extra come Friday.

What a perfect anniversary gift :)

hopeisafourletterword said...

I am so excited for you!

Bridget said...

I'm glad to hear you have some good eggs in there! Good luck on Friday, I hope you get another great report!

Baby Hopes said...

So exciting!!! Things certainly can change quickly. Mine went up 7 mm in just two days. Hoping for many more little, strong ones to make their presence known!!!

Love the time line and that your anniversary falls right in the middle of it all!!! Happy anniversary in advance... all hopes and prayers are headed your way!

One Day said...

Oh I'm so excited for you! Things can definitely change quickly!

I love the dates...what an exciting time! It's coming so fast.

Carlia said...

i'll be rooting for quality rather than quantity for you this cycle. i hope it all goes well and you get the best anniversary gift ever!!!

Kerrik said...

Your nurse is right, things can change very quickly in this game. Here's hoping the next appt. goes better and that you get a nice anniversary surprise.

China Doll said...

So exciting! I agree with you about asking questions.. sometimes it's easier to just do what you're told! I think that's the Chinese way :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Happy anniversary and totally hoping that everything works out just like you've outlined. :D

Yup...nurse is right...those follies can start popping up out of nowhere....no need for discouragement. :-) And funny...I had no issues with Menopur! But, glad that you don't have to take it anymore if it's doing funny things to you.

Jos said...

Sounds like they know what they're doing - hoping you get lots more follies before retrieval!

Also, you're going to get your BFP and then donate your leftover Menopur to me, right? :)

Mrs. Lydon said...

YAY you have some exciting days coming up!!
I know someone who would take those extra meds right off your pretty little BFP hands! Hahaha

(STICKY BABY VIBES)

marilyn said...

oh my goodness!! What have I missed!! You are so close!! i have been gone because of family drama..but I am so glad to be back and cheer you on!! I need to catch up!! Wow...how are you feeling?

Jos said...

Hey - thanks for the tip about the sodium chloride bottles, but if you couldn't get the vials open without spilling, how did you transfer the liquid?

If you want, pls email me at joseyscoville (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks!