Friday, April 22, 2011

Ultrasound Update 6w2d

Skipping the details first since this is what inquiring minds want to know:]


One precious little heartbeat at 108 bpm and an over achiever measuring one day ahead at 6w3days!  Everything is where it should be and I'll try to scan the picture soon!  Good Friday=Great!  

The little details-
We waited about thirty minutes before the appointment and there were two couples with around three year old boys in the waiting room.  You know they were most likely the results of modern medicine and it was nice to get that hope stirred up before the scan.  When they called us back, I was so disappointed because it was my least favorite ultrasound tech.  She's always in a hurry, can be hateful and just always has a debbie downer presence about her.  So, as soon as she left for me to change I shared my thoughts about her with PC and this was his comment as we were leaving the room "How can someone give you such happy news but you leaving feeling sad?"  She worked her "magic" on him as well.  Anyway, she told us "I know you'll have questions but let me do my work first and then I'll turn the screen around and let you know what you're seeing."  At least she didn't keep us waiting too long and she said "I see one embryo with a heartbeat."  She takes some pictures and then turns the screen and asks if we've been pregnant before to which I answer no.  Then she points out the amniotic sac, the yolk sac where the baby is getting it's nutrition, the embryo and the heartbeat.  She told me that the heartbeat is within normal range but they would like to see it higher at the next scan in 10 days.  If that's good, they will release me to my OB.  I asked her if we can have a picture and she said she would lay one on my file.  I tell her that we've been waiting to tell our parents and here's how she wraps it up, "Yeah, I would wait until the next ultrasound... the next few days are the most tricky.  But then again, that's your choice.  You can get dressed and take this up to the front."  See what prompted PC's comment?  Good grief. 
We took our papers to the front desk and the lady took it and said "what a big baby you have!"  Yay for someone smiling for us.  We made our next appointment and were on our way.  We didn't talk much on the way home.  We are thrilled and those are all things I wanted to hear today, don't get me wrong!  We're more thinkers than talkers and that was just our way of processing the news.  We're both okay knowing it's one growing in there!  On some level I'm sad that one didn't "stick" but God knows what is best for us.  We went to the grocery store then came home and slept for a couple of hours.  We're both drained from this ongoing roller coaster ride but we can rest easier that we've made it through another hurdle!

All in all, it was a Great Friday and we have lots to look forward to this weekend.  We are telling our parents regardless of the warning from debbie downer today... they are the people closest to us we need their support right now!  Thanks for all the positive wishes yesterday! 

15 bytes:

Anonymous said...

COngrats again :)

Ordinary Girl said...

Oh I'm so glad!!! I've been checking your blog today just hoping that you got wonderful news. Congratulations!!!!! I'm so sorry that you didn't have a more positive tech for the ultrasound. When we were in the really early stages of our pregnancy our RE recommended that we tell the people that we would want to know, no matter what happened. Do what feels right to you, don't worry about what she said. So happy for you!

Krista said...

Wonderful news!!! I know it's hard to hear that only one stuck, but you have one HUGE blessing growing in there!!! So happy for you and can't wait to follow you through this pregnancy! XOXO!

Marianne said...

What amazing news!!! Congrats!

Chrissy said...

That is great! Congrats! Sorry Debbie Downer brought you down, can you request a different tech next time?

~ebc~ said...

yay for good news!

btw--if you do the blog award thing, i awarded you one over at my blog.

Baby Hopes said...

So exciting!!! Yay for one very beautiful babe with a strong heartbeat!!! That ultrasound tech really needs to find a different job... urgh...

Good Friday is GREAT!!! Congratulations!!! :)

Bridget said...

Oh Mac I am so happy for you!! I want to slap your u/s tech though.

MuteMockingbird said...

I'm so glad everything looks good! Congratulations!

waiting and wishing said...

Great news!!! :)

Jos said...

Yay!!! Wonderful news Mac!!

Sorry to hear about the u/s tech - what a pill. :P

China Doll said...

Fantastic news... so happy for you!

Jen said...

Glad things are looking good. Sorry the tech had to be such a downer.

I nominated you for an award. Stop by and check it out.
http://violettamargarita.blogspot.com/2011/04/rainy-saturday.html

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hey hun..I just gave you an award! Check out my blog :)

Coakley's Journey said...

Yeah, I hope we get good news tomorrow and dont listen to her. We told our parents when we got a positive blood work. They are your family and you need them.