Monday, January 21, 2013

First Haircut

I held out as long as I could but when LB's baby mullet started curling under and hair started covering his ears, it was time. I just didn't like the thought of cutting my baby boy's first year hair! Yet another first to remind me that we are cruising on to the toddler years faster than I would like.  However, it was not any kind of sad occasion or emotional meltdown (for mom).  Instead I broke out in a sweat trying to figure out how to distract him while PC held him because he kept trying to squirm away from the scissors (which I would probably do too).  Thank you iPhone and some app where cars & trucks make noises. Wish I had gotten better pictures but things were a little chaotic at the time!  In fact, this was just before he squirmed again and PC yelled at me "bring back the phone!"  Good times.


5 bytes:

E and R said...

Awww...so sweet! I am also putting off the first haircut as long as possible!!

Anonymous said...

I just love when little boys have fresh haircuts! I'm glad it was not too traumatic for any of you! We were very nervous the first time and for no good reason at all. Thank god for phones with baby apps, right? I just figured out that trick this last time, and I think Matthew's had half a dozen hair cuts by now. Mom fail!

Anonymous said...

I am sure he is looking adorable with his new big boy haircut! :) I am glad it wasn't a sad time and that he kept you busy not thinking too much about it! ;) It is scary how quickly the toddler times are creeping in, eh?! :/

Stephanie said...

Aww, but he looks so cute in that picture! The place we went had little tv's at each station but Chloe was having no part of it. I hope the next haircut goes smoother for her. She needs to take lessons from LB.

Mrs. Lydon said...

We just had Jack's second big boy cut with clippers this time :) EEEKKK our babies are getting so big!!!