Sunday, January 13, 2013

Simplifying on Sunday

Simplifying on Sunday (how appropriate that creates the acronym SOS!) is going to be a new addition to my blog, starting today. 

It is probably not of much interest to anyone unless you really want to know of my on-going domestic and organizational challenges but I like that it gives me a feeling of doing something, of accountability and-instead of making yet another list that gets lost through the week- combining it with something that makes me happy- blogging- just seems like a win-win!

This week:

  • Make 2 dinner meals, chicken casserole & taco soup (yep, just 2 is a good goal for us... you don't want to know what and how we eat through the week around here!)
  • Post 3-5 clothing pieces on local classifieds or ebay
  • Thank you cards for LB's birthday (must do because that was a month ago already!)
  • Make dental appointment :[  speaking of dental...
  • Brush LB's teeth!  He has 12 teeth and that is a mouthful so for the life of me I cannot figure out why I keep forgetting to make this part of the bedtime routine!  
  • Call ob/gyn again and ask for credit check.  (We paid on a procedure that ended up being covered by insurance and our account shows a credit but we still haven't received the check.. it has been months trying to get this worked out, grrr.)
  • Hang up clothes (As opposed to laying them over the hamper and telling myself I'll do it the next day.)

There, a small start.  I'm really struggling to keep up with things that need to be done at home because I spend my evenings surviving the work week and the weekends soaking up time with my boys.  Major cleaning and organizing is just not happening right now but I've got to do better with the basics!



6 bytes:

Anonymous said...

Small starts result in big gains! Good for you!

kkasun said...

I'm with you. I get behind on everything!!!!

Stephanie said...

I think this is a great idea! I'm a list person too, and having it here will hopefully help to keep you more accountable. Cooking two meals a week would be a feat for us too.

Mrs. Lydon said...

a messy home sometimes feels like it means a happy family :)

Anonymous said...

I like this idea!! I love lists and keeping thing organized in my thoughts like this. You've inspired me! :)

Jen said...

SOS! Great idea! I dread figuring out how to keep up with life once I go back to work. We are pretty good at living in chaos. And I'm pretty much always pulling wrinkles clothes out of the basket to wear. At least they are clean, right?