Thursday, January 17, 2013

What's for dinner?

Why yes mom!  Thank you for introducing me to these yummy foods! 
grilled chicken
grilled fish
muffins
pancakes
bananas
green beans
rice
sweet potatoes
strawberry & banana yogurt
avocados (sometimes)
puffs
prunes (baby food)
goldfish
oatmeal
pouch/squeeze fruits

What are you thinking mom?  After I spit these out, I will promptly toss them in the floor!  No thank you!   
eggs
cheese
deli meat
any kind of pasta
any other veggies besides the ones listed above
any other fruit besides banana unless it's in a pouch
Why are you frowning?  OH, these are supposed to be yummy?  These are easy to prepare you say?  Well, I do like to keep you challenged... maybe you could ask your blog friends what food(s) they think I might like! 

I can't just live off of puffs?  Please allow me to prove otherwise!




10 bytes:

kkasun said...

Wow, he sounds a lot like Avery. I wish I could tell you she has gotten better, but she hasn't.
It's weird when they don't like pasta isn't it?
Avery also loves waffles, you may want to try that and cereal. I know neither of these are super healthy, but I will feed her anything at the end of a long day where she is refusing everything!
Good luck!

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

Reminds me about this Blog post about Puffs:

http://thekateeffect.typepad.com/the_kate_effect/2007/09/baby-crack.html

Julia @3bed2bath1baby.blogspot.com

Lissie said...

My little man loves butternut squash. And you can add fruit to make it sweet. Also if the pouch thing works Infantino makes a pouch system you can do yourself so you could trick him with squash and fruit together.

Anonymous said...

Well he enjoys much more than Alidia at the moment!! :) It's tough. I wish they could just say what they like incase there are things we are missing or forgetting to try. We don't get puffs here but I bet Lids would love those too because it sounds like all babies/toddlers do!!

Greta May said...

Our little one loves soft whole wheat tortillas. Sometimes we just tear them up and sometimes we roll them up with things like hummus, melted cheese, mozzarella and pizza sauce, etc.

Anonymous said...

We are going through some weird food stuff here too. It's so frustrating. Matthew refuses chicken half the time, but devours shrimp and scallops. News flash, kiddo - chicken is a LOT cheaper than shrimp and scallops!

Judging from the list of foods he likes, it looks like you're doing pretty well!

Stephanie said...

What's the hardest for me is that one day Chloe will love something and the next day (you prepare a whole bunch b/c she just devoured it the day before) and she won't touch it. Or she will touch it, but only to pick it up and throw it on the floor. We have trouble with meat but I think it's because she doesn't have many teeth. Deli meat she likes though. I would agree that you have a pretty solid list. It can start to feel very repetitive over time, but I guess as long as it's healthy food they are eating, maybe it's not all that bad?

Jos said...

LOL, our kids are so different. Isn't it amazing?! Stella switches up what she feels like eating though - for example, LOVED eggs for months and months. This week - won't touch them. WTH?!

Bridget said...

It took Emily a long time to like a few of the things LB doesn't like. Just keep trying!

A said...

YUM! I agree with previous people that it takes a few times sometimes for M to get used to new foods :) Keep up the great work!!

Also I nominated you for an award!