Thursday, February 3, 2011

2WW until IVF#1- I Hope!

Today is 2 weeks until I'm supposed to do the first lupron injection and get this IVF cycle underway.  A couple of MAJOR things have to happen before then.
1.  Order Meds
2.  Financial Clearance

Really, these two things may be more stressful than the cycle itself!  I should spare you all these details, but I'm free to vent here, right? 

Meds- PC and I estimated on the low end because of a misunderstanding about a discount program (earlier post) and we're trying to make up for that by really comparison price shopping on-line. Purchasing on-line or even out of the country means that Nurse LLD will have to fax the prescription to us rather than calling it in to a pharmacy but that can't happen until...
Financial clearance- This department has a lot of turnover and they are not helpful (and sometimes just hateful) over the phone!  When I called to pay for our cycle, consultant (#2) said "I'm sorry but that was last year's price and there's been an increase.  You will have to pay the new price."  (A $2000 increase.)  My response was "We signed a financial contract in the fall and knew we wouldn't do this cycle until after the new year.  Is that contract not valid?"  She tells me no again and that I can try to work it out with the person that's soon taking her place.  Grrrrr.......
To make this long story short, I call Nurse LLD and unload these issues on her and she tells me to fax a copy of the contract and she'll give it to Dr. S. on Friday.  I also asked her if I could send a letter.  Did I mention that we heart Nurse LLD?  This was her e-mail response to me today...minus IRL names:
Hi, you may email an attachment and I will make sure Dr. S gets it on Friday.  I realize that financial clearance is a big pain and may be the most stressful.  I will look for your letter.  Hope you have a great day.

I just don't know everything will fall into place over the next two weeks or not.  If it's put off another month, I have to believe there's a reason. 


P.S.  The blog makeover is in honor of a new phase of the IF journey... and yes, we're having a pretty sweet Mac+PC smooch behind those laptops and that makes me :]  

4 bytes:

Bridget said...

Love the new look and good luck getting everything together!!

Amy said...

Getting everything together is really way too stressful. I hope that it all comes together for you!

Anonymous said...

I love the look and hope everything goes smoooothly :)I can't wait to hear the final drug finds!

~ebc~ said...

yes, the $$ issues and shopping around and dealing with all the different pharmacies are one of the hardest parts!! being one who price compares, make sure you check out freedom pharmacy--they have cheaper cash prices for those with no insurance and i didn't see them on your spreadsheet. plus, they are super nice and know of all the discount programs. good luck fighting the insurance battles--i hate that it often seems to depend on the day you call and who you talk to for the answer the you get.