Sunday, February 20, 2011

ICLW... welcome to Mac and PC!

This is my first time participating in ICLW and I'm excited to be able to leave and receive some comments from some new people as well as those on my blog list (some of which I still have not left comments, sorry... hopefully that will soon change).  

Why Mac and PC?  Our pseudo-blog names simply come from who thinks they have the better operating system.  
As far as computers go, of course I think I win!  As far as my reproductive operating system, I'm failing miserably:[  We've been TTC for 5 1/2 years with nothing but a B.F.N. to show for it.  I am anovulatory and have a partially blocked left tube.  My latest test results leave the RE to believe that I am borderline premature ovarian failure (gulp).  In three days, I will start suppressing the ovaries (they should be good at that) with Lupron to get our first IVF cycle going!  I have had a couple of acupuncture appointments recently and plan to time another one later in the IVF cycle.  It's one among many things on the list of "yes, I've tried it" that just makes me feel better, so why not!  I am a few months away from the dreaded 35, and you know what they say about that... but since when did infertility stop us from what we say?  I We say that it IS our time for two pink (or blue) lines:]  I wish everyone a happy ending in this journey that none of us asked for... thanks for letting me join in the ranting, shouting, crying, supporting, praying, hoping, cheering, and helping that takes place in the blog world.  Let me know if you are a new follower so that I can find and follow you too!  

P.S.  I've apologized recently for anything negative I might say due to several days ON progesterone and OFF of caffeine, but thankfully everyone here completely understands!

16 bytes:

Baby Hopes said...

Best of luck! Very much thinking of you as you move forward with IVF. I truly hope this brings you your little Mac or PC! It's strange how similar we are in so many ways. I'm also a Mac, my husband a PC. We've also been trying for nearly six years due to anovulation/unexplained if. And regarding the "negative" posts, yes, we completely understand!!! Thinking of you and wishing you the best!

Bridget said...

I so know how you're feeling now- I still miss my coffee but it's all worth it!!

marilyn said...

I am a fan already! What do you think of the acupuncture?

China Doll said...

Hi.. I've just arrived from ILCW (also my first time) and have been catching up on your story. I'm also about to start IVF but not until April and having my 1st aucpuncture this week! Exciting! Thinking of you as you start the IVF journey :)

A m a n d a said...

Hey, I found your blog though ICLW..this is my first one too!

So exiting that you're about to start IVF! I love acupuncture and truly believe it helps, so that's great you've added it to the list :)

Went off caffeine two weeks ago...STILL getting headaches. Booo.

Lori B. said...

Hi I'm here from ICLW! I'm currently suppressing now with birth control pills and will begin Lupron on March 9th. Here's to hoping this IVF cycle works for us both!!

ART said...

I love your blog theme! best of luck to you on your journey to parenthood.

Tracy said...

I say this to you as a geek in favor of universal OS equity, when you have your first boy, in fairness, you should name him Linux ;)

nh said...

Good luck, and I still remember those hormone induced dazes. Keep on going and you'll get through it.

ICLW

Christa said...

Your blog is so cute - best of luck with your upcoming IVF cycle!

ICLW
#38

Kristen said...

Good luck with your first IVF cycle! Wishing the best for you...

Miriam said...

Good luck with the IVF! I hope this is the one for you!

ICLW #61

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Welcome to ICLW... best time of the month in my opinion!

Blessings on your IVF!

Christina said...

Happy ICLW!

Best wishes with your first (I think?) IVF cycle! I get to start mine in a few weeks!

We sold two of our Jeeps when we started TTC (still have one really old one as a toy). I do miss them.

Christina (a fellow MAC)

Tia said...

Stopping by from ICLW...

I also tried acupuncture because I thought "why not". If nothing else, it was a great stress reliever for me. However, to my surprise, I also had the best response ever while stimming that cycle. Not sure if it was actually because of the acupuncture, but it obviously didn't hurt anything. Good luck with your first IVF cycle!

Twinside Out said...

Stopping in for ICLW (#139)...I love acupuncture! I did it leading up to our IVF cycle, and would have continued it if I could have (wasn't in our budget).

Best wishes for your IVF cycle!! :)