Monday, February 28, 2011

Forget the pain, what about the sperm?!?

I asked PC to "give me the middle finger."  Please allow me to explain.  I married a guy who went through his "battle" scars on one of our first dates.  Strange way of impressing???  Anyway, I was introduced to the ski accident scar, running into a pole scar, dog bite scar and (alas the middle finger) the changing a tire scar.  That one is my nieces favorite... they call it his "looks like a butt finger!"  I think it's a pretty good description, don't you?
So, this weekend PC's stomach pain turned into an ER trip which resulted in the new appendectomy scar! Oddly enough, this one might turn out to look like a smile:]
So, to get to the point of this post... PC is laying there in pain and the doctor is telling him what's involved in removing his appendix and here's my one and only question...

Is this going to affect his sperm?

Pause.  Strange looks.  Explain IVF.
Dr. assures me that PC should not have any problems with his part of the process.
PC says "I have an easy job."  Laughter.
This is one crazy ride.  


8 bytes:

~ebc~ said...

if it makes you feel any better, swimmers take 72 days to develop--so in 72 days, the swimmers might be affected by the surgery (probably not though), but the ivf swimmer champs, well, they've been cooking (gosh, hopefully not cooking, but developing) for a while now. hoping for a quick recovery though so he can take care of you;)

Baby Hopes said...

Poor guy!!! Goodness, he has a knack for getting uniquely shaped scars. ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha, you're funny. But what about his sperm????

China Doll said...

Oh no! Sorry about PC's surgery but glad the sperm are OK. That's always my 1st thought whenever my bloke says he has to take meds etc.. or I think of cycle dates whenever he has to go on a business trip :)

Bridget said...

oh gosh! I hope he recovers quickly!!

A m a n d a said...

LOL, that's hilarious! This should be added to the 'you know you're infertile when...' list :)

Kerrik said...

Haha, great of him to keep his sense of humor while his appendix is bursting.

Anonymous said...

bahahahah....glad he is doing okay and that is all it was!!