Saturday, February 5, 2011

IRL Support System

Tonight shouldn't seem like a big deal but it was to me.  We talked to PC's parents and his brother/SIL about what's ahead for us.  For a long time, I didn't want anyone IRL to know about IVF. 
If IVF resulted in a healthy baby, I wouldn't care to shout to the world that we used it as a means to have a child... it's not that.  I think it's that I just don't want so many people involved and invested on such an emotional journey that may not turn out the way we hope it will.  But I do want a close circle of people that care about me the most--around me at a time that I need them the most.  This group includes my mom and grandparents, PC's parents and brother/SIL and a handful of close friends and co-workers.  I need an IRL support system in addition to having blog buddies, no offense!   Everyone has been wonderful.  They want to help in any way possible.  So SIL was assigned to the backside shots tonight, yay for having a nurse in the family!  I feel a little bit of weight off my shoulders... now my IRL circle is complete and it's time to get this show on the road in the stirrups!

        

4 bytes:

Amy said...

I'm so glad that you have that support as well. Having IRL support is so helpful it a totally different way than the blogging world. So it is nice to have both.

Amy said...

I'm so glad that you have that support as well. Having IRL support is so helpful it a totally different way than the blogging world. So it is nice to have both.

Anonymous said...

Having support close by is irreplaceable :)

Erin said...

I too have a SIL nurse who has assigned herself the job of all shots! Wishing you the best of luck and so glad to hear you have a IRL circle to support you.