Saturday, February 19, 2011

Meds & Money

Just taking progesterone here and sorting out the massive amount of medications!  
I've been taking the progesterone at night so my mean-ness seems to be reserved more for the night than during the day, yay?!?  PC says I even kicked him out of bed last night, which I really don't remember.  I do remember being very dizzy!    

By the way, the instructions read:  
Take 2 Capsules Every Evening For 12 Days.  Insert One Capsule Vaginally the AM of Embryo Transfer. Someone please enlighten me and forgive me for asking about a TMI topic...but seriously?  I don't get it.   I take 24 of these lovely capsules the way I would normally take medicine and then #25 gets to go on a field trip?  The shots sound a lot easier to me.  In and Out.  But #25 is causing me to have a lot of how...why... really... then what thoughts!  This also doesn't tell me whether this takes place before or after the ET.  Hmmm..... 

On the homefront... we sold our Jeep Wrangler yesterday.  I've never really had any attachments to a vehicle but I sure did love that Jeep!  PC and I are doing a "snowball debt diet" where we pay off smaller debt then put that payment towards bigger debt etc.  The Jeep was a big expense that was not helping us with that plan.  The only "big ticket" debt we have is our mortgage and my college loans, but there are some smaller things that keep us from having financial freedom.  If IVF works, we want to be in a better place financially... and a Jeep really wouldn't be the best vehicle for transporting baby(ies) would it?  I have to keep playing those thoughts in my head because all I can think about is how much fun I had driving this...

Can't wait to get caught up on some blog reading this evening but right now I'm off to soak up some sunshine (finally) and clean up our basement:] 

5 bytes:

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard too many that take the pills/suppositories for progesterone. The shots hurt, but I agree, it's once (maybe twice) a day and you are 'in and out'-done.

Poor Jeep :( I love a Wrangler but agree, when IVF works, it's not the most functional family mobile :) Cudos to you guys for taking charge and getting out of debt!! It's a WONDERFUL feeling!

Krista said...

We had a jeep wrangler that we sold a few years ago....because it wasn't family friendly or very practical for that matter. We are actually going to look at family friendly cars today! I don't think my Sonata is going to be big enough for the babes that are coming this year! Hehehe!!!
I'd ask your RE about the progesterone up the hoo haw....seems strange that only one would go up there. So excited that you are getting so close my dear!!!

Baby Hopes said...

Exciting that you are moving along with these meds! I think I would be having the same reaction... the unique path of #25 would be unsettling for me. Good luck! Very excited for you!

clewis said...

I had to take the progestorne vaginally 3 times a day. 6 tablets a day. right from the day after egg retrieval up until I got my negative result. they are mucky damn things. but very essential

Bridget said...

I remember getting all those drugs and feeling totally overwhelmed!! You are on your way!!!