Friday, February 11, 2011

Next stop... Lupron

The bank account is drained.  Our new (interest free for one year at least) credit card has a $4000 balance.  Meds are on the way... a few already here.  Next stop (literally)... Lupron.  We have an appointment tomorrow to do our taxes... any refund now belongs to the IO-4-IVF fund!    

The only thing I worry about is that I haven't heard the official "GO" from Dr. S. to start next Thursday.  However, somewhere on her desk there is a message to "call this girl and tell her everything is good to go so she'll leave us alone" or something like that as the nurse reassured me.

I bought a (75% off, woo-hoo) calendar to keep up with all things IVF.  It's full of uplifting quotes and scripture too and I figure that can't hurt either!   This weekend I plan on pulling out all of my paper work and trying to make sense of what I take, when I take it, how I take it etc.  
  
In other news, PC and I are puppy-sitting for a week so that should be a total distraction from what's ahead.  In our care right now are a Newfoundland, a Golden Retriever, a Labradoodle and a Goldendoodle.  Doesn't that sound like lots of work fun?  Wish us luck!      

3 bytes:

Bridget said...

Whoa! That's a lot of dogs! That will for sure keep your mind off things. Good luck with the Lupron!

Amy said...

I was going to say the same thing. 4 dogs is a lot! That's really nice of you!
Good thinking getting a calendar. It can be a little hard trying to remember all the meds and when and how.

Dana said...

Love the new calendar! I am a calendar junkie! I love those things :D It will def. help to keep all the meds organized. Wishing you tons of blessings, patience, and strength during your IVF! I know it is overwhelming, but just take it literally one step at a time. And those steps will lead to a sweet miracle!! I will keep y'all in my prayers!!!!!