Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A PLAN!

It makes me so happy to type that blog post title!  Today, PC and I traveled to the RE's office (1 1/2 hour drive with decent traffic) to get my progesterone level checked and to get our calendar, a.k.a. plan!
                                                   Exhibit A

I was actually given two calendars.  One if my progesterone was too low and another if my progesterone was normal.  Of course, nothing about my system can be normal so it's 12 days of progesterone for me.  I add Lupron to that next week and, if AF shows according to Nurse LLD's calculations, retrieval and transfer would be the third week in March.  I think the first week of Spring would be very fitting:]

PC said "oh, no" when I told him I'll be on progesterone for 12 days.  He asked if he needed to go borrow his parents' camper, which I only half-way laughed about because that drug does turn me into the devil!  What is in it?!?  I think the voodoo!!!  The last time I took it, I fussed at PC about something and pulled out a cigarette going down the road and told him I just needed to smoke.  That might have been okay IF I SMOKED!   I don't.  A co-worker had left a pack in my car when I gave her a ride and I hadn't given them back yet, so I pulled one out but couldn't get it lit... which also made me mad.  PC asked, "what have you done with my wife?"  Then I cried.  This would all make you laugh if you knew me IRL and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and apologize for whatever might come across this blog the next 12 days!

Lastly, PC and I usually eat (cheap) take out in the living room so we were pretty impressed with ourselves for creating a Mac & PC Valentine's Dinner of steak, potatoes, asparagus, rolls & no bake cheesecake in our very own dining room with our wedding china that we have.never.used...in 6 years...anyway, we had a great time and this might become a new tradition.  We would be more than happy to have a baby to share it with... even if it means calling in a pizza and using paper plates to make things easier!  
P.S.  Note the glass of water with an orange slice.  I'm trying all of these flavor suggestions and am happy to report that flavored water is not so bad... not sweet tea... but liking it more each day:]

8 bytes:

~ebc~ said...

wooohooo!! i love a plan!! i hold plans very very losely, but i still love the concept!! ( and I can totally relate to the car situation description...that was our craziness last week when i had next to no estrogen in my body. poor confused husbands.)

Krista said...

Congrats on having a plan! You do realize that we are going to be having Christmas babies...right? Join the Christmas baby club (wait...we don't have a club, but maybe we should?) Yay!!
My husband and I did something very similar last night!

Baby Hopes said...

Congratulations on your plan!!! I always feel so much better when one is in place!!! Looks like a wonderful Valentine's Day together! Hoping for a Spring baby for you two!

Bridget said...

So happy you have a plan!! Is progesterone the reason for my crazy mood swings?? I feel like a crazy person lately. Good luck girl!!

Dana said...

is it sad that I just love a calendar with everything all planned out?? I know what u mean about the meds, they made me nutso!! hehe Spring will bring more than just some pretty flowers but your future babies :D YAY!!!!! Oh and I am a sweet tea junkie, so I am with u on the water! I am trying to be better though. It is hard!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yea to the orange slice!! planning makes me always feel better and feel like we are moving towards something. looks like valentines day was wonderful :)

Amy said...

The plan! Yay! That is when it started to feel a little more real for me; something is actually happening. It felt so good to have a plan.
Beautiful dinner spread and good idea for orange water.

hopeisafourletterword said...

So exciting, it always feels good to have a plan in place. I will be one week behind you, I start lupron 3/3. Cheers to getting KU'd!