Thursday, February 24, 2011

If to When and other random thoughts

Well, duh.  It just occurred to me yesterday that we have a nurse on staff where I work.  So, we met in the clinic this morning, she gave me the Lupron shot, no drama and I was back in my office in a matter of minutes.  She even offered to meet me on the weekends but I can call on SIL if needed.  This isn't cheating, it's using resources wisely!  Thank goodness for nurses, I have so much respect for them! 

CRAP with a capital "C" happened at work today... actually it's been that kind of week.  It calls for chocolate tonight.  It calls for this brownie that's the size of my hand!!!

I really want to work on moving from an "if" to a "when" attitude.  When we first started TTC, a lady at work said she had a bag of maternity clothes to give away.  I told her we were TTC and she brought them to me.  That was a long time ago when I thought "it didn't happen this month, but it will happen the next."  Yeah, right.  You know what happened... a few weeks later another co-worker became pregnant and I took those clothes to her.  That may have been my first cry.  That permanently put me in an "if" mindset.  I've never bought anything baby.  So, in efforts to start thinking "when" I'm going to do a little on-line window shopping.  Baby things that I like WHEN...

11 bytes:

Anonymous said...

some people think this should be torture, but for some reason it brings me peace :) Glad you can say and believe 'when'....hang onto it!

Bridget said...

Love this attitude- good girl!! And thank you for always commenting and supporting me as well!!

Baby Hopes said...

*Love these*!!! Great pics!!!! Looking forward to when!!!

China Doll said...

Why shouldn't we daydream and window-shop whilst waiting for our 'when'? Go for it, I say!

jill's infertility document said...

Wow, giving back those maternity clothes must have been such a hard thing to do. Definitely an IF moment, a forcible admission. I bought an extra pair of babylegs once when ordering a baby shower gift for a friend, when I first started ttc, thinking I'd be next. I still have them hidden away in a drawer.

This post validates my reasons for hanging on to them, thank you for reminding us about WHEN.

ICLW

Chrissy said...

You left a comment on my blog a little while ago, so I thought I would check out yours. Glad I did! You have way more will power than me, I have a whole draw full of baby stuff that I see and can't resist. And I window shop almost daily. I love the furniture you posted, so cute!

Good Luck!

Empty Whole said...

ICLW

I window shop all the time too. Hubs and I even considered buying a "gift" for our unborn on our honeymoon.

C said...

Daydreaming is good...window shoping even better.

Good luck.

ICLW.

Kathleen said...

stopping over from ICLW (#47). i like your if to when attitude. i need to do that myself. oh, and window shopping is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Here from ICLW, and I have to say I am LOVING this post. It put a huge smile on my face and put me into instant "when" mode....thanks so much!

Serendipity said...

good luck on continuing to keep moving from if to when, it's so hard to let go of the negativity that the infertille label can bring.