Friday, March 11, 2011

Let's make this a Fertile Friday!

Nurse LLD e-mailed this morning to say "stims are a GO."  So, I ran home and (45 minutes later) had my first stim injection done (hence the post title) and yeah, BABY:]  One down and 19 more to go!  It was my first time mixing 4 vials so I didn't quite get the syringe filled up to the right mark.  I told Nurse LLD and, in her true -tell it like it is fashion- she said "Well, get it right the next time!"  I'm trying!  It did sting but I was pinching myself so hard that I think it was pain from multiple sources.  However, the 30g needle wasn't too bad even though I wouldn't call any needles "good."  In honor of day 1 of stims, I'm going to buy this bag... because I have a bag obsession and because I'm going through IVF, do I need another reason?  If this does work, it will turn into my hospital bag.  If this doesn't work, it will turn into my get away bag! 
P.S.  I think day 5 and day 10 of stims is also reason enough for a gift to self, although we're still on the debt diet so it may have to be something small to go IN the bag.  No problem.   

**Hope to catch up with everyone in blog world this weekend... I've been reading but not commenting as much as I would like.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!**     

14 bytes:

manymanymoons said...

I am loving your bag idea. Since I started stims today too (for our IUI) I may just have to copy that idea. :) Congrats on knocking off day one!

Bridget said...

Yay for stims!! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh so awesome....stims AND a new bag. Does it get better?

Baby Hopes said...

Congratulations on the stims!!! I'm so excited!!! And I love, Love, LOVE the bag!!! Hoping this is put to fabulous use in 9 months or so!!!

A m a n d a said...

I love the idea of celebrating the small milestones along the way. You deserve it!

Good luck!!

Carlia said...

love the bag! that's definitely a good reason to spoil yourself. ;) good luck this cycle! you're such a trooper to give yourself the shots. i plan to force DH into doing it for me. ha ha!

Kerrik said...

I start stims tomorrow, and I'm a bit nervous. I've kind of gotten used to it just being the Lurpon and me.

Love the bag. Is it Vera Bradley?

Mrs. Lydon said...

I love this idea! The bag is SUPER cute...I have the same idea..but it is a planned night with girls or a day for myself I plan for the end of the 2ww that way it consoles or celebrates the cycle. It takes away some (not much, but enough to help) of the anxiety of the 2ww!!

hopeisafourletterword said...

I start stims tomorrow, I might have to go shopping and get myself a present!

A said...

thanks for leaving me a comment! i look forward to following your journey!

One Day said...

Oh yeah...stim it up baby! WOOO! And you absolutely should celebrate these milestones...hopefully this is your LAST first day of stims :) So excited for a great cycle for you. Thinking lots of positive thoughts.

foxy said...

Congrats on a successful first day of stims! I am finding that the menopur stings more and for longer than the folistem/bravelle. Last night I put a little heat on the site and that helped the residual sting go away.

Okay - I LOVE THAT BAG! and I love the idea of treating yourself to some special treats along the way. :)
I got two new dresses right before we started our cycle. It might be time for another little gift to myself :)

take care!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!!! I love the bag Idea...hmmmm my minds a turning now :)

marilyn said...

you deserve that bag!!!